Four: Run For Your Lives - Literally!

The group did their best to keep up with Doctor Bailey

"Talk to her," Fridge whispered to Spencer.  "Try and get some answers!"

"Why do I have to talk to her?"

"You two obviously have some sort of past!"

"Well obviously not a very good one! She slapped me!"

"Just go on!"

Spencer gave in and stepped forward awkwardly, while the others hung back. "Uh, hi..."

He was glad when she struck up a conversation by posing a question of her own. "How did you get here?"

"Uh..." He and Fridge exchanged a glance. Fridge just waved him on, leaving him to try and come up with something. "W-we don't know really," he partially lied.  "We don't remember.  It was just kind of one minute back home, and then here the next."

"Strange," she mumbled.  "Must be the curse messing with your memory."  She was dead serious.

  "Yeah, must be," mumbled Fridge. Spencer nudged him.  

"What about you? How did you get here?" Spencer asked her.

"A long, long boat ride, all the way from London," she said.  "I've been fascinated by this place my whole life and have been studying it about that long too.  Finally, I made it here.  And now I have to save it."

"See," Spencer hissed to the others.  "She's serious. She doesn't know it's a game."

"Poor thing," said Bethany.

"Shh! She thinks it's real.  Just role with it." He turned back to Vera.  "Um, so Nigel said for us to head to the Bazaar, to 'find the missing piece'."

"Missing piece? Missing piece of what, the map?" She nodded to the torn map in Bethany's hands.

"We think so, but we're not sure."

"Well, that's where I'm headed now.  That's where I stashed the jewel."

"Wait, you don't have it?"

"No, I hid it away safely, somewhere Van  Pelt and his men won't find it.  Nor anyone else for that matter."

  "Oh, good, good." He looked to the others who were nodding.  This was good. 

"Yes.  We'll go and retrieve it, and then I shall destroy it."

There was a moment of shocked silence before all at once all four cried, "What?!"  all stopping and staring at her.

She appeared slightly startled by their reaction. "To end the corruption and its dark spell over Jumanji, relieving its power over Van Pelt, and returning everything to the way it was," she explained, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world.