29. Tug of War

Here's the next chapter. We have almost all of the characters in this one :)! Enjoy!

--------------------

The house is filled with laughter and conversation already at eight in the morning. Everyone had surprisingly arrived or woken early to get ready. Brian and Elena were finishing making breakfast by the time Seth walks into the kitchen. It is the day of their big game. This time Robert had planned their weekend, he wants everyone to participate in a friendly soccer game. He had planned it so Karla could participate along with her friend, Adrian, and Seth’s parents. Seth had already introduced them to his friends the day before. He had been nervous to see how they would all react towards them, but he had nothing to worry about. As Seth looks around a smile forms on his face, he loves his friends and wonders how competitive they will get. Many of them are competitive.

Hmm, wonder how the teams are going to be split. He probably already split us and knowing him there’s going to be something added.

“Hey, is everyone here?” Brian yells from the kitchen.

“No, we’re missing Nate.” Sandra replies.

“If only someone had asked him to spend the night we wouldn’t have to wait.” Karla says.

“Karla, stop insinuating things.” Seth says just as as Nate walks in hearing him.

“What is she doing now?” He asks going to Seth hugging him from behind.

“Nothing, we were just waiting for you. Breakfast is ready thanks to Brian and Elena. Let’s go grab some before we head out.” Seth replies.

At that everyone starts heading to the kitchen.

“Danny and Caleb you too. Stop trying to convince Robert that you both should be on the same team. You know that he’ll place us however he wants.”

“Okay, we’re going, dad.” Danny replies.

“So how has your morning been?” Nate asks.

“It’s been loud, but good. It was good that we all went to sleep early yesterday because everyone woke up early today. And do you think there is more than friendship between Karla and Adrian?”

“Then, good thing I left when I did or I would have kept you up all night long.”

What is that suppose to mean? Seth wonders.

“There could be.”

“Hmm, we’ll see then. Let’s go grab some breakfast before it’s all gone.” Seth says leading them to the kitchen.

Once everyone finished eating their breakfast, they go put on their shoes, and head to their respective cars.

“Did someone grab the soccer ball?” Eric yells.

“Yes, I did.” Sandra responds.

Seth, Elena, Robert, Eric, Karla, Emilio, and Danny make up one team while Nate, Brian, Esteban, Sandra, Adrian, Elizabeth, and Caleb make up the other team. They each decide within their groups who should be the goalie. It turns out that Emilio and Elizabeth choose to be the goalie for their team. Robert and Esteban meet at the middle for the kickoff. Changing the game a bit, Nate places the ball in the middle. Everyone else is ready in their respective side of the field.

“Ready, set go!” Nate yells to start off the game.

Robert is quick to move and takes possession of the ball. He’s runs towards the opposing team’s goalie. Esteban is closing in, he is able to take the ball from Robert, but he doesn’t see Karla approach, who takes the ball away from him. She successfully dodges Sandra by passing it to Danny who is close to the goalie. Caleb runs towards Danny and in attempt to prevent him from stealing the ball he kicks it toward Eric who takes a shot, but misses the goal area. The ball hits the post making it bounce out of the goal area.