11. Locking

Seth can’t get Coach Nate out of his mind. He avoids any situation where he might be with him alone after he had introduced himself to him. As cliche as it is when he shook hands with him he felt a spark.

*Flashback

Feeling the spark, they lock eyes for a second before Danny calls out to Seth.

“Hey dad is something wrong?”

“No. Bye.” Seth scurries as fast as his feet carries him to his car.

***

He had ran away as soon as possible. Seth hadn’t let anyone near or had any romantic relationship, since he had adopted Danny. He has dedicated all of his time to Danny because he doesn’t trust anyone will treat Danny as his own son and now having felt the spark and not being able to stop thinking of Coach Nate he’s scare to pursue his feelings.

***

The season continues and Danny turns out to be like Nate predicted; a natural leader and mature for his age. He kept being disappointed that he hadn’t been able to interact with Seth beyond a simple hello because Seth was always in a hurry.

After a few days of meeting Seth, he overhears a conversation between the boys.

“My dad is the best dad ever.”

“Mine is too.” Ivan says.

“We’ll mine is always there for me,”

“We’ll what about your mom, who is she?”

“I don’t know, but I’m happy with my dad. I want him to be more happy though, so I want him to get a boyfriend.”

What? So who is the woman that was with them at the park? I haven’t seen them with her. Might there be a possibility. Is it true? Nate’s heart seems to increase in its beat.

Now, he is positive Seth had felt something too when they shook hands. He had felt a spark and when their eyes locked he had gotten lost in his chocolate color eyes. Then, how Seth left further proves that he had indeed felt it too. Now that the possibility exists, he is more determined to get to know Seth.

Now, if only he could find a way to get to know him. He tries to talk to Seth, but he is always in a hurry. He starts wondering if it is just that or if possibly he is avoiding him.  It brings him a smile thinking that because then he has a possibility with Seth.  

****

For the first couple of weeks that Danny attends soccer Seth avoids every situation where he might be left alone with Nate. It isn’t until almost at the end of the season that he speaks to the coach alone. Nate asks for volunteers to help put together a celebration for the great season the team is having. Aside from driving his son and Caleb to every game and attending them all, he doesn’t trust anyone to throw a celebration his son would enjoy and remember. As expected, he volunteers, but he forgets at the moment he says yes, that he will be inevitably spending some alone time with Coach Nate.