23. Enticing

Here's the next part. Thanks for all the votes/reads/comments :). Also, thanks to all my new fans.

---------------

During the following weeks, Seth’s relationship with his mother grows. He talks to her over the phone at least once a week. He has talked to his father a couple of times too, but he’s closer to his mother. Seth hasn’t revealed his homosexuality to neither nor has he met his dad. He wants to know them better before he even mentions it and before he introduces them to Danny though it would be a greater disappointment if they weren’t to accept him. He also thinks it’s too soon to tell them how he came to have Danny. If he were to tell anyone else, it would be Nate first. His relationship with Nate is great. He feels so at home with him even though Seth hasn’t admitted to himself that he has fallen in love with Nate a long time ago. They spend most of their free time with each other. Nate comes over to Seth’s house most days, and he can see how much Nate cares for Danny.

****

It is tradition for all to gather for brunch to celebrate the birthdays.

Danny assigning himself as the one to wake up Seth, jumps on Seth screaming, “dad, wake up! Everyone is here!”

Startled, Seth’s lets out a scream making Danny laugh.

“Danny, don’t do that again! I thought there was a fire or something.”

“Okay, dad.” Danny says through his laughter.

“Stop laughing.”

“Okay, happy birthday daddy!” Danny says after a few more moments of laughter giving Seth a hug.

He hands Seth a homemade card.

“Thank you, Danny.” Seth replies giving his son a hug. “Let’s get ready, what do you think? so that we’re ready for brunch.”

“Yes, that’s why I came to wake you. They’re here preparing brunch.”

“Thank you, Danny and who’s here?”

“I can’t tell you. Go shower dad, so that you smell nice and be pretty.” That’s what Aunt Karla told me to say. Danny smiles to himself scampering off the bed before Seth grabs him.

“I’m not pretty Danny, that’s for females.”

“No, it’s for you, Dad.”

“No, go before I decide to ground you for calling me pretty.”

“Okay, daddy, see you later.” Danny responds rushing out of the room.

Karla has flown in for Seth’s birthday. She, Nate, and Robert prepare brunch for all of them. They lay out the buffet of breakfast food outside and call everyone out. Their circle of family and friends keeps growing. Robert brings his boyfriend, Esteban, who is actually very kind once you get to know him. Karla also brings her friend. Of course she gets tease about it, since rarely does she bring friends to meet them. When everyone is seated, they sing a mix of happy birthday and feliz cumpleanos to Seth another tradition. They spend most of the time joking around and giving Seth his presents. Nate has Seth’s other present in another location. He arranged for Karla to take care of Danny during the weekend. She is more than happy to do so. Later in the evening, Nate tells Seth he needs to be blindfolded.

“I don’t like being blindfolded, Nate.” Seth whines.

“You have to. It’s a surprise! I can’t have you guessing. It won’t be for long and don’t pout.” Nate explains and leans in to kiss Seth’s pout.

That’s not fair. “I just don’t like not being able to see.”

“It won’t be long. If you don’t then you won’t get the surprise.” Nate patiently responds holding him in his embrace.

Ah, me and my likes of surprises! “Okay, I won’t complain.” Seth mumbles.

Nate smiles at Seth’s response. “Okay, here we go. tell me if it’s too tight.”

“It’s fine.” Nate turns him around to give him a kiss. Breaking away from the kiss, “okay, here we go inside the car, careful with your head.”

Seth sits in the car wondering where he is been taken. He dislikes not being able to see, but it offers him the opportunity to see if his other senses are enhanced. He is tempted to bring his fingers to his lips. He can still feel Nate’s touch, so maybe it is true that other senses are enhanced. He’s impatient to see what Nate’s surprise will be. Sometimes he still has trouble believing he’s dating Nate. It feels like a dream. Nate loves Danny, he’s always shows interest in him, and when Danny was sick a few days ago, he came over and spent the night--something he didn’t have to do. With every gesture, Seth falls in love more if that’s even possible even if he hasn’t fully admitted it to himself. His thoughts then move back to trying to figure out what Nate planned for his birthday. He is sure Karla knows something because before he left, she gave him a hug and whispered, “enjoy yourself” with a wink. Shortly after, Nate announces they have arrived, but Seth is still not allow to remove the blindfold. Always the gentleman, Nate goes to open the door, grabs Seth’s hand to lead him into his house. Once inside he tells Seth not move from where he leaves him, so that he can make sure everything is in place. Obediently because what else can Seth do he is blindfolded after all he waits for Nate to return.

“Here take a step to the right and then we’re going straight. Stand right here while I pull out the chair...take a seat.”

Nate takes the blindfold off saying,“happy birthday, Seth.”

He walks to take his seat.

Seth sees the table made for two, dressed in a white tablecloth, the light provided by candles and some lights…

I love the dimmed lights. “I love this,” Seth replies with a smile, “thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Let’s start with--wait a minute,” Nate goes to the freezer, “with a brownie sundae, since once you said ice cream is a dish if you think it is.”

“You remembered.” Seth’s smile lights the room.

“Of course, I did.” Nate responds affectionately.

“Thank you, so what’s the dessert then?” Seth asks taking a spoonful of ice cream.

“The dessert is our own personal pizza.”

“You thought of everything.”

“We are also having orange floats.” Nate replies with a smile.

Seth smiles. And he doesn’t like eating too much fattening food, just today. “Omg, you’re going to get fat eating like this!”

“Look who’s talking,” Nate replies, “and besides, I’ll just work it out and it’s only today.”

“But you’re going to turn fat!” Seth insists playfully.

“If I do, will you still love me?”

Did he just say love? Maybe it’s just part of his playfulness and he didn’t mean it that way. How should I answer?  “Yes, I will really definitely still like you very much.”

Maybe he just thinks it’s too soon. Nate makes the assumption.

They keep their conversation going. Then, they move to the living room, which is also lit by candles. Not done spoiling Seth, Nate brings out a bowl of popcorn. They chose to watch the Avengers. They cuddle, but soon Nate is sitting while Seth lays his head on Nate’s lap. Nate starts running his fingers through Seth’s hair. It is relaxing Seth causing him to close his eyes. Nate is watching Seth instead of the movie and sees him close his eyes, so he leans down to place a kiss in his earlobe. He starts nibbling it, then starts raining kisses along Seth’s jaw, Seth turns his head to meet Nate’s lips.  

-------------

Thanks for reading :).