♆Pandemonium♆

"We must be killers, children of the wild ones. Killers; where'd we have left to run?"

~ We Must Be Killers, Mikky Ekko

Pandemonium

"So let me get this straight," Lilac sounded exhausted on the other end of the phone. "You left him there, after the emotional and passionate night you two spent together?"

I clutched the steering wheel tighter, hardly hearing the music over the chopping of the windshield wipers and the pounding of rain. "Don't make it sound so hot, Lilac. He was upset most of the night-" I didn't tell her how upset, "-and when Logan did finally calm down, he fell into a deep sleep. Nothing passionate about it."

My best friend laughed, "Okay, okay. If he was so upset, why'd you leave him?"

Why did I leave him?

I knew I would regret it as soon as I slid out of his arms, but I couldn't sleep and there was no way I was going to. With the information of Logan's deceased loved one and the visions, all I could think about was getting answers. I wanted and needed to know what was happening to me. Pieces of the puzzle were finally adding up, and I was pretty positive my assumptions were very close to the truth. I was afraid of what they meant, though. I guess I needed someone to confirm my suspicions before they finally settled in.

"Lilac, I can't answer that without confusing you thoroughly," I sighed, remembering what Joseph said about taking a left on this street. I turned on my blinker. "Just know I already wish I hadn't left him."

She scoffed, "I must say, you have certainly screwed up. This is so going to come back to bite you in the ass."

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't call you so you could make me feel bad." The car rounded a corner, and I pulled into a suburban neighborhood. Counting the address off in my head, I didn't stop driving until I found the house labeled 192 Black Haven Drive, exactly where Joseph said it would be. I parked in the drive way. "Listen, I've got to go. Wish me luck. Oh, and don't do anything with Adam I wouldn't do."

"No promises considering you'd do nothing with Adam. I wish you bad luck."

"Bitch." I turned off the ignition.

"Talk to you later."

Lilac hung up, and the line beeped three times before going dead. I took a long deep breathe, exhaling in the hopes the intake of air would calm my trembling hands. For a moment, I considered driving back to the mansion and getting back in bed before he even knew I'd left in the first place. But I knew, I knew, that the answers I've been yearning for were here. I also knew it probably wasn't the answer to all of my questions. Hopefully, it would help me far more than my father's journals had.

It was too late to go back. I knew it was. Against this thought, my mind wandered to what would have happened if I hadn't left. What would've happened if we'd woken up next to each other? What would Logan feel when he knew I wasn't there? Would he be angry, sad? Panic swelled in my chest, and my eyes widened. No, I needed to go back. I had to go back. What the hell was I thinking leaving him there? I pushed the key back into the ignition.

"Rob?" The voice of a girl stopped me.

Damn.

I glanced up at the the teenager running out the front door, black curls bouncing along with her. Frozen, I watched as she stopped in front of the car, a bright smile spreading. I soon as my eyes met her gray eyes, it dropped.

"Rob? Is that you?" The intensity of her gaze nearly made me shrink in my seat.

God, I hope this is the right house.