♆Reborn♆

"It's only love, it's only pain, it's only fear that runs through my veins. It's all the things you can't explain,

That makes us human." ~ Human, Civil Twilight

Reborn

"You may kiss the bride!"

The audience stared at Logan and I in anticipation, as if this was the moment everybody was waiting for. As if Logan and I were long time lovers who were finally getting what we wanted: each other for all eternity. Breathes were stopped and eyes were glued to Logan's hands lifting the veil over my head and off my face, dramatically. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Dark orbs bore into my face, a smirk slowly making its way across his lips. A shiver ran up my spine at the sickening intensity of his gaze. This was one of his tricks. He was trying to woo me.

But I could feel it. I could see it. Behind the charming facade there was a darkness. Something cold, calculating, and volatile lurking in the depths of Logan's heart.

When his lips met mine, all I felt was numb.

TA

"Look at the newly wedded woman!" my aunt, Belinda, exclaimed. Before I knew it, her gloved hands were clutching my cheeks in a vice grip, squishing them together. "Oh, my baby is all grown up!"

Aunt Belinda had tears of happiness running down her face, leaving black tracks of mascara. Fake tan was leaking off and showing the pale skin underneath.

"Amt Blimba, I cam't beathe," I managed to get out. Her gnarly nails were digging into my cheek bones and if she didn't get her hands off, I might've actually lost it.

"What, dear?" She asked, eyes confused. Hands still on my face. "Sagie Poo, you're glowing with happiness! Sweetie," Belinda whispered, " just between us, is Logan good in bed? I've just heard so many great things about that boy, if you know what I mean." She winked at the end to add to my embarrassment.

"Babe, you're blushing!" Aunt Belinda squealed. She freaking squealed like a pig.

Probably because your nails are digging into my cheeks.

All of the anger and confusion I'd been holding in for the past two weeks were threatening to come out and punch Belinda in the face. I'm usually not so violent. My Aunt Belinda has always been touchy feely, something I can endure on a regular day. But this was no ordinary week, let alone an ordinary day. She needed to keep her hands to herself for the night, and maybe for the rest of her life as long as I'm alive. My fingertips were tingling with the effort to keep my powers at bay.

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

Oh, God, I think she just broke skin.

Screw breathing.

"Aunt Belinda!" I heard my brother yell from behind me. "Hey, is it okay if I steal the bride away for awhile?"

I swear my brother is an angel in disguise.

Belinda looked hesitant for several heartbeats. Finally, she sniffed, "Okay." Then smacked a very red, very wet kiss on my forehead.

Once she was gone, Adam took her place with an amused smile. Immediately, my anger dissipated, replaced with a feeling of warmth. The way the corners of his eyes crinkled when he smiled, his naturally straight teeth, and his tan cheeks do that to me all the time.

"Thank you so much," I groaned, falling onto his shoulder. "I swear she starts to look more and more like Effie Trinket each year."

My brother chuckled, moving from underneath me. I would've fallen over if he hadn't caught my face in between his hands.