♆Encounter♆

"I think I found hell." ~ Female Robbery, The Neighbourhood

Encounter

One of the first lessons you're taught as a growing witch is how to perform a spell in secret.

Most would think giving a child ideas on how to do magic behind their parents' back is a very reckless, idiotic thing to do. Of course for some situations, it is reckless and idiotic. But think about it this way - and this is a worst case scenario- say you're a little witchling who found his/herself outside the border of our coven, in the land of humans. Let's say one of those mortals finds you wandering around by yourself and decides to take you prisoner in their basement. In order to get out of that predicament, you'd have to use your magic on the down low. First rule of being a witch: Should you ever find yourself around humans, they can not know witches exist. That is the very reason we live in secret covens and kingdoms, in the middle of no-where, using an invisible barrier to keep us hidden from the mortal eye.

When I was a little girl, learning the same things as all her friends during that time, the kids I knew would use what they learned to play cruel jokes or pranks. These lessons were most often practiced at sleepovers.

There have been many times where some one I knew had done magic to me while I'd been sleeping. Sleepovers filled with mean girls pretending to be my best friends because of my royal status and having a diabolical little brother has taught me well about always being on guard when sleeping around other witches. Storming through the halls of our mansion, I couldn't help but berate myself for being so stupid as to not be on even more guard around my conniving "husband".

Logan was sitting on the grand stair case, reading. If I weren't so angry I might've found the way his eyebrows were knit together and how focused he looked endearing.

His powers of seduction when he wasn't trying proved he was pure evil.

"Logan," I called from the top.

The man grunted, glanced over his shoulder, and went straight back to reading. I narrowed my eyes at him, the anger boiling in my stomach threatening to spill over and drown me in rage. I swallowed the fury, pushed it down with as much force as I could muster. I flexed my hands and pressed them against my forehead.

"Logan, we need to talk. It's important."

I don't know why I thought this would drag his attention to me. I of all people should know idiotically stubborn he is. Thinking on my feet, I found out then that there are only so many ways to get Logan to listen to someone. With new resolve, I fisted my hands. I hugged them tight to my sides.

"Logan, if you don't follow me to your room right now, I will cause a scene in front of every maid and butler in this house."

Threatening his pride was definitely a way to get him to listen.

Logan groaned. He slammed his novel shut, slapping it on the marble staircase, and running up the steps two at a time before I could blink twice. He shoved pass me, walking fast in the direction of his bedroom. My heart skipped a beat when his shoulder touched mine. I followed right behind him, huffing and puffing insults the entire way. I slammed the door shut to emphasize the amount of anger I was feeling at the moment.

Logan turned to face me with a roll of his eyes. "If you're done with the dramatics, would you mind telling me why I was so rudely forced to come speak with you?"

My eye twitched. As if he didn't know why I was angry.

"I don't know," I sneered. "I might if you could tell me why I can't do magic by myself anymore."