07.07.14

WENDY

I am beyond ecstatic to be flying to my hometown: Seoul, South Korea. After attending the University of Toronto, it became harder for me to keep in touch with my family. I have been yearning for the day I could visit them.

♫♫♫

The plane ride itself is boring—I forgot how excruciatingly long it is—so here I am trying to sleep, listening to music through earbuds after eating the airplane food.

Only, I can't sleep. I find this guy's voice enticing from GOT7. What is his name again? Oh, right. Youngjae! He is singing the first part of the chorus of "A." He is also the main vocalist of GOT7. How impressive!

Following his voice is Jaebum's, aka Seulgi's bias, aka her crush. Seulgi is my all-time best friend who loves K-pop and K-dramas and is even attending the University of Toronto with me. Sadly, she isn't accompanying me to Korea. Instead, she's heading to Japan to excel even further in Japanese even though she's already fluent. She is so hard-working!

I don't listen to many K-pop groups besides Big Bang and Girls' Generation. But ever since GOT7 debuted with the infamous playboy title track "Girls Girls Girls," Seulgi has been obsessed with them, particularly Jaebum. I have grown to like them, though I'm not obsessed with them. When she asked me who my bias was, I didn't know how to respond. How do people choose a bias instantly? I feel the need to evaluate every single member to the point where I know a decent number of facts regarding their personal life. Me choosing a bias is an intense process—there is no such thing as a bias wrecker for me, not even a former bias! Right now, I'm leaning towards Youngjae, but I need to learn more about the members.

The song is nearly ending and I'm sad. How did three minutes pass by so quickly? I hear an interesting voice now. It's the hook, and it's in English. Why didn't I notice his part earlier? I think his name is, uh, Mark? Yeah, it's Mark. I replay the song and this time, I don't even try to sleep, because I know I won't be able to.

♫♫♫

I yawn, which is an indication that I'm getting sleepy, after listening to "A" for the past thirty minutes. Except, I don't feel sleepy. I still have eleven hours to kill before arriving at the airport. I suppose I could make another attempt at sleeping. I get comfortable snuggling into my blanket, and I feel serenity by the sudden relaxation. I haven't felt this in months! It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep.

♫♫♫

Who knew replaying a song abundantly would make it implanted into my brain while sleeping? I certainly did not expect that, but I guess it makes sense. In my dream, I can recall the identical moments that were in the music video from the members following the girl to them buying the same shampoo as her. I snicker as it happens in my dream. No dancing was involved, though.

♫♫♫

I wake up feeling disoriented from the flight attendant tapping me.

"Excuse me, ma'am. The flight ended."

"Oh, thank you."

I hurriedly get out of my seat and walk out of the plane. Heading toward the baggage claim area in the airport, I wait for my luggage. Luckily for me, the wait is not lengthy. I grab my suitcases and dash through the doors to find my family. My parents greet me with warm smiles as my older sister embraces me.

"I've missed you, Wan-ah," Seunghee says.

"I've missed you, too," I reply.

I release myself from the embrace and hug my parents tightly.