Chapter 4 - Mr. Romance

Prim ran into the house practically screaming in my face to wake up. I jumped up startled.

"Prim! What in the world!" i shouted a bit to loudly startling her.

"Katniss. Peeta told me to tell you not to forget to meet him." She replied calmly.

"Did he tell you what time?"

"7 o'clock" she said walking out of the house... well shack.

I woke myself up by splashing some water on my face and i fixed my hair. Braided it to the side, as normally. It was about 6:50 when i started walking to the meadow.

Right as i looked up, i saw him. He was facing something the opposite way. As soon as i got up to him he turned around. His perfect blonde hair blowing in the wind, his chisled face, and bright blue eyes. He was perfect. And beautiful.

"Oh, hey babe. Didn't see you there" He kissed me on the forehead.

"So what have you got planned, Mr. Romance?" i winked at him.

"Okay so... i know how you really love hunting. Well, earlier this week i asked Gale if he would teach me to hunt... since ya know.. i can only bake" he chuckles embarrassed. "And thats what hes been doing, teaching me to hunt every night for the past week. It was kind of a hastle at first... for Gale and me both. But anyways, what im trying to say is i want to go hunting with you."

I just laughed at him "Yeah Peeta. Let's go. As long as you can be quiet this time and not scare the game off."

He laughed "Oh trust me, ive been working on that. That was the main thing Gale got onto me about."

We hunted for a few hours. It was actually really fun, and quite a funny thing to watch peeta shoot a bow. Just as i thought we were about to go home, Peeta put a blindfold on me. "Peeta! What are we doing?"

"Just wait" I could tell he was blushing. We were walking with his arms securely around me so i didnt fall when he says i can take the blindfold off.

I open my eyes to a beautiful site and the sweetest thing.

It was a picnick at night with candles, blankets, and food. "Oh Peeta. Its beautiful"

"You think so?" He asked blushing.

"Yes.' I smile and stand on my tip toes to kiss him on the cheek.

He started pulling all of the food out of the basket. It was some of the game i gave him earlier, bread, some plants, berries, and a... cake?

"Whats that? A cake?"

"Uhh.. yeah i baked it myself. It's for your birthday, even though its already passed."

"Awe! Thanks peeta. It really means a lot." I jump on his lap.

We stare deep into each others eyes as he holds me tightly. He doesn't let go of my gaze and then i break it. "So, im hungry. Wanna eat?"

By the time we knew it, all the food was gone. He lays out the second blanket and lays ontop of it. He just stares at the stars and the moon, patting beside him for me to lay down.

"You see that?' Peeta said, "That right there is the milky way. And there.. theres the little dipper and big deeper."

"Its so beautiful. Everything. This whole day. The picnic, the stars and the moon. All of it, it helped me... get away."

"I'm glad" he turns facing me still laying down, "i had a wonderful time with you, katniss. I really like you, a lot. I want to be with you forever. I love you." he blushes looking away.

I love it when he blushes.

I meet his gaze, "Peeta.. i wouldn't ask-- i COULDN'T ask for anyone better than you. You are absolutely amazing. You make me a better person. And i do love you." I say confidently.

He is halfway on top of me and leans in to kiss me.

Our lips lock, his hands intertwine in my hair. I feel so many sparks. He's the one. I just know it.

He's all the way on top of me now, and we're making out. He's carreses my face with his hands and rolls over and pulls me on top of him. I giggle.

He is the only one who can make me giggle.

I kiss his forehead, then his nose. I pause and stare into his beautiful blue eyes.

"I love you" he whispers in my ear kissing my neck. I get this overwhelming tingling and we start making out again.

He rolls back on top of me and starts kissing my neck again. His heavy, hot breath on my neck gives me chills and i shiver. I just realised how cold i really am.

He notices it and rises up, staring into my eyes.

"Are you cold?" he asked concerningly.

"Well yeah just a little."

He gets another blanket out and lays it over the two of us as we gaze at the stars.

I curl up next to him and lay on his chest. He puts his arm around me and suddenly i feel safe and warm.

I try to find the stars peeta had pointed out to me earlier and find myself drifting off.

I just let it happen and me and peeta fall asleep.

-----

It's the next week and its the reaping. My name has to go in a lot this year.. so the odds are not really in my favor.

Effie is pulling the first name out, girl tribute. She opens the paper, smiles and says "Primrose Everdeen"

My sister. My little 12 year old baby sister. No. This couldn't be happening. I try to yell her name but my body is in shock and i cant get it out. That doesnt work so i try to run to her, but i just cant move.

She slowly walks up to the stand, waiting for me to save her. She gets up there and just stares at everyone who have depressed faces.

Effie pulls the boys name "Peeta Mellark"

My heart drops. The two people i love the most are going off to die. And i cant do anything about it.

Here comes Effie's signature line with her giggly capitol personality that i hate so much , "Happy Hunger Games. And may the odds b--"

I hear a loud thud and my eyes flash open. Oh good. It was just a dream.

But what was that loud bang. I look around, it's the middle of the night and me and peeta are still here in the woods.

I decide to get up and go look. It's dark so i can hardly see anything. I hide behind a tree and look around it. It's a hoovercraft. A capitol hoovercraft. Oh no.