Chapter 3 - The Big Question

I was off hunting with gale. I was in a daze the whole time. I was smiling at the ground, thinking about the kiss when Gale ask "Whatcha so happy about, Catnip? Good birthday?"

I answer "Great birthday. Just met this really great guy, is all" with a huge grin on my face.

"Oh? Who..?" he looks at the ground kind of jealous.

"His name is Peeta." I answer. "He's a great kid, ya know." I add.

He just sits there in silence. Someone's jealous.. I don't even know why. He's the one who told me we should break it off because I was too young for him. Only by 2 years! But I dont care right now. Peeta makes me happy and gale can be jealous all he wants.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to replace you." I add in trying to break the silence.

"I know." he says quietly. "Maybe we should head back in. Its getting late."

"Gale. It's only 6:30."

"I know. I- I've got things to do."

It's been three weeks since my birthday. It just any old normal day. Go hunting with Gale at dawn. And then head to school. Which I am very excited for. Only because of Peeta, of course.

Gale and I meet him and his bestfriend Paul in the hallway once we get to school. Oh yeah. Gale isn't jealous anymore. Peeta and him are quite good friends now. Which makes life even better.

The first thing Peeta does when he sees me is give me a kiss on the check and greets me with "well hello sunshine." He is too cute.

It was lunch time now and I am sitting with the usual group. Peeta, Gale, Paul, Finnick, Johanna, Annie and Madge. Everyday is usually a chill day and we just talk about our day.

But today... Something was up.. Everyone was just smiling at me at the table. It was awkward and strange. They were hiding something from me. I just knew it. I had to ask.

"Okay guys. Spill." I say.

"Spill? Wha- Pshh. What are you talking about, Catnip? There's nothing to say- yeah what are you even saying?" they all speak at once while peeta is just sitting there with a creepy smile on his face.

I decided that if I just left they would tell me. So I picked up my food tray and grabbed my backpack and left. They all looked at me surprised. I keep walking as I heard footsteps running behind me.

He yells, "Katn-" I turn around abruptly and our faces are inches away from each others.

"Why did you leave?" he says with his eyebrows knitted together with concern.

"Because you guys wouldn't tell me what's going on." I say angrily.

He starts to smile and gets red. "Oh that.. I- uhh- well... I- I need to ask you something."

I nod at him.

"Well. Katniss. We've been spending a lot of time together."

Oh my gosh. He's not... I start to blush as his sweet voice keeps talking.

"And you know I sort of.. Kind of.. Really really like you. Well yeah. Anyways.."

He's so cute when he gets red and nervous. He is blushing like crazy. I can't believe it.

"I was wondering.. I- uh... If- you umm wanted to- to- umm be..."

I smile ear to ear with tears in my eyes. "Yes Peeta. I would love to be your girlfriend!"

He is smiling the biggest I have ever seen him smile. He picks me up and spins me around and gently sets me down and kisses me.

"Aweeeeeee! Oh my gosh! I knew she was gonna say yes! No You said she was gonna say no because she was inlove with you, finnick! I did not Madge!! Shut up! They're so cute! Awe were happy for you" all of our friends yell and hug us as me and peeta become redder than tomatos and are smiling like crazy.

"Thanks guys" me and peeta both say grinning.

"So you guys have been hiding this from me all day?" I try to keep a straight face acting like I'm mad.

"It was Madge's idea!!!" finnick yells.

"Finnick!" Madge and finnick start to argue as Annie sits back and laughs at them.

Gale chips in, "Peeta wanted to surprise you. And make sure you didn't know. So we all promised to keep quiet. You two love birds are so cute." he laughs.

I just look at peeta with sparkling eyes "Well I have quite the winner here" as I pat him on the stomach.

"Thanks guys for keeping it a secret. It was actually a pretty great surprise. I've been waiting for that question for who knows how long." I grin.

"Anything to make you two happy."

They all say.

----

It's 5th hour and peeta slips a note to me under the table.

It reads "Dear My Beautiful Sunshine,

Meet me in the meadow tonight. I have a surprise for you. Be there at 7. I love you so much.

Love, your one and only. Xoxo <3

P.S. stay out of the woods!

Guessing game: I'm the sexiest guy you know. I have the best muscles in the world and my smile is to die for. I have the most beautiful eyes in the whole school and I'm madly inlove with katniss everdeen. Guess who I am?"

I wrote on a separate piece of paper "I will be there. No doubt. (: I love you. Xoxo! <3 but hmm... It couldn't be you now... Could it?(;"

He wrote back "well actually I was talking about Mr. Odle, the English teacher. But that works too! Glad to see you think so highly of me. Haha(;"

I wrote back "Ewwwwww!! Oh Peeta. You are quite the jokster, you are! You dont want me to show him this, do ya? Haha but we better stop before we get in trouble! I'll be there tonight. I love you oh so very much!(: xoxo <3"

It was after school and peeta was no where to be found. I guess he already left? Well since I can't go in the woods I might aswell go home and sleep.