Smart Relationship

an: update my piggies woo!!! I update every friday

-------------------------------------------------

     "Hey, Boy Genius, is she ready yet?" The colorful woman asked.

     "Garcia, she just got up." Reid said. I sat up on the bench, missing his arms already. Don't get too close J.

     "I just wanna know how she cracked my system." She had sat down and began to chew on a pink pen.

     "It wasn't easy. I had to break it all the way back to binary. I basically had to rewrite it with one exception." Sheer terror and some kind of weird techie interest broke across her face. "Don't worry. It's something only I could break. I encrypted a piece of your code and just let my encryption mutate with yours." She nodded and spun around.

     "So..."Her fingers flew across the keys. "In some weird kind of way... we have an encrypted infant on the loose." I walked up to her.

     "May I?" She nodded. I took command of her keyboard. Using her proxy server, I rerouted it to an extra encrypted piece of the firewall. (an: geek speak. ik. just hang for a sec) I ran her system through a normal virus sweep, and let the technology do the rest. "Just, um, please don't kill my baby. He stayed in his crib. I only let him out under supervision." I half smiled.

     "Wow. So you used my own firewall against me. Huh? Wait, let me make sure I got the details right. You used a small, everyday virus, that you knew would be swept into the... What?" She looked at the screen, trying to make sense of it all.

     "I used a big boy virus, so you knew it was there. But, when your computer got rid of it, it left a teeny layer on your firewall. Like a little piece I could rewrite. So I did. Nice code though." I shifted uncomfortably on the balls of my feet. She flipped around and stared at me.

     "That has to be. Wow. Can I use that sometime? Like I know how to... I get the concept. I just need a lesson in application." Spencer have me this incredulous look.

     "I may or may not have a um... masters in computer technology, with a focus in binary inscription."

     "How old are you?" Spencer inquired.

     "She's 26. She has a phd in behavioral and biological psychology, a masters in computer technology, another in cultural anthropology, and a bachelors in forensic anthropology. She also just finished her dissertation in mathematics. You two, together, could start a race of hybrid super babies." She gestured between me and Spencer.

     "Though kids would be nice someday, I have two problems with that statement. One: I'm twentysix. I have a lot of things to do before I get pregnant. Two: I don't have a boyfriend. He left after my parents died, and though he seems nice, I barely know Spencer." I smiled. A black guy waltzed through the door.

     "Hey, Mama, I need a favor." He smiled at her. His chocolate eyes sparkled.

     "Oh, Daddy, you know I'll need one in return." She spun around in her chair. I cleared my voice at the awkward innuendo.

     "Hey, Reid. Oh, and hello.... wait. You're the angry girl that almost dislocated my shoulder earlier. I drove your motorcycle. Nice ride. Bet it cost an arm and a leg, though." He smiled a thousand watt smile.

     "She's a 1953 Black Hawk Indian, with a custom midnight and lavender paint job. Cost even more to take the bitch bar off the back and cut the exhaust." I smiled. "Worth every penny though." I hugged myself. "Sorry I hit you earlier. I'm just a... having a bad day." Spencer stood up, laying a hand on my shoulder.

     The black guy gave me a sympathetic smile. "Don't worry about it. We all have our bad days. I'm Derek by the way. You can call me Morgan though." Spencer's grip tightened. The blonde woman stood up and gave me a hug.

     "I'm Penelope Garcia. You can call me whatever." She said as she stepped back, looking at Morgan. "She broke my code. She's like.... a girl Reid." Spencer tightened his grip, yet a again. I grabbed his arm.

     "Would you excuse us?" I dragged Spencer out before they could answer. I dragged him to an elevator and closed the doors. I hit the stop elevator button and turned around.

     "Jayne, what's wrong?" He looked at me, his eyes full of concern.

     "Spencer you were hurting me. You told me I would be safe here. Did you mean it?" I asked, my eyes searched his.

     "Of corse I do. I don't- I don't normally feel this way when I first meet anyone. I've only known you for a couple hours. Its like a compulsion. I like you more than I should. I probably sound like an idiot. I'm sorry."

     "D- are you sure-do you promise that you won't lie to me. Cause if I'm supposed to trust you with all of this.... I need to be sure."

     "Without a doubt. You have my word. I just want to keep you-" I cut him off with a kiss. God, I can't believe I'm doing this. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist, deepening the kiss. I wound my fingers in his hair. I'm kissing a stranger. A beautiful, smart, safe stranger. "Go out with me." He mumbled into the kiss

     "Axiomatically, yes." I smiled. "Can we-do you think we can skip the awkward and go strait to full girlfriend boyfriend thing. We can still get to know each other, but I figure I like you and you like me."

     "This is by far one of the craziest things I have ever done." He smiled a knowing smile.

     "I just want to feel safe again. I know you think I'm nuts. God you just met me. Christ. I'm so sorry. I sound like a fringgin' lunatic. I just kissed you. God. I really am such a freak." I laughed. Spencer grabbed my hand.

     "I kissed you back. I promise, I'm a fully consenting adult. I'm allowed to drink and everything." I smiled. Do you have somewhere to stay right mow? I don't mean to pry, I just saw when your bag dumped in the alley it was more like a suitcase." I shook my head. Do you want to stay with me for a few days? Would that be super uncomfortable?" He ran his tongue over those beautiful lips I had tasted just moments before.

     "Can we go now? It's been a long day, not that I'm not grateful or anything, but I'm tired."

     "Do you wanna grab your stuff? I just don't want to trigger anything. I know how exhausting panic attacks can be." He leaned over to hit the ground floor button.

     "Yes. Thanks for asking, Spence." He took my small hand in his and led me back from where we came from.

     "No problem." The only genuine smile I've felt in a long time plastered on my face.

     "Can someone give us a ride? I don't feel like driving. I don't think I can drive right now." I mumbled.

     "I'll have Garcia give us a ride home, Morgan can trail with your bike. They live together so it shouldn't be a problem for him to ride back with her. You can start work tomorrow."

     "Thank you."

-------------------------------------------------

AN: okay so I know this seems really fast but ill try to explain it in the an for the next chapter. the basic idea is they like each other as a little bit more than friends but.they don't even know each other like that. that what makes it complicated. they just feel safe and comfortable with each other and they're tired of being alone. they can listen to each other. they get each other. they just want all the perks of a relationship without the awkward stuff.