Why is Phil still single?

Dan's POV

He barely he hangs around girls. He's always with his mates or at home studying. He's not really a nerd other than the tons a video games but I play them too. Dad makes him study hard. He makes me study but he makes Phil study harder because he's older. Neither of us really cared about school.

We didn't know what we wanted to with our life's. Our father wanted us to be lawyers. That wasn't what I wanted. He was a policeman so we tried not to get into much trouble. We stay inside a lot but we do go out. I got basic grades and Phil had slightly above average.

I got in trouble in school from time to time. Phil was more the rebel, believe it or not. He would get detention for skipping classes. Father would shout at him. I guess that's why he was mean to me, because he was angry about the way dad treated him. Father seemed to like me more. Maybe because I was the younger child, I don't know. There was something about Phil dad didn't seem to like.

*one day in school*

It was a pretty basic day in math class, other than the fact that was had a sub. He handed out work sheets and just told us to not be annoying, he didn't even care if we did them or not. I sat next to my good friend, James. We spoke while doing our work, helping each other a bit... when this kid I didn't really know, I think his name was maybe Matt? He walked over to us and pulled up a chair sitting backwards on it in front me. He rested to arms on my desk.

"You're Phil's brother, right?" "Yeah.." I replied, trailing off but before to could ask why he asked. He had a evil looking smirk and said "Did you hear?" I gave him the same confused look James gave him. "Hear what?" I blotted out. "Everyone is talking about how gay your brother is!" "WHAT" I shouted as my eye wide, as this random kid just chuckle at us. I looked over at the teacher and have him a "I'm sorry" face and lowered my tone to almost whisper. "What do you mean /gay/" He leaned back a bit. "Well he was caught checking out guys in the locker room after school."

"Locker room?" I said in a confused tone. "What would Phil be doing in the locker room after school??" I looked as James and he seemed to be as worried as I was. "Phil doesn't do sports." "They said he was waiting for his mates to finish up football practice but I think he was doing more then waiting and everyone thinks the same."

"I'm sure he was just sitting around." James spoke with a helpful smile. "Yeah whatever, think what you want." The kid got up from his seat. "Just thought you'd like to know." He said before walking back to his seat. "Thanks." I sighed under my breath. James and I looked at each other.

James didn't seem to believe it but I kind of just accepted it. He's my brother gay or not. Sadly nobody else sees it like that.. I sighed again. "I'm sure it'll be fine." James smiled at me. I smiled back. I hope he's right.

But he wasn't.

Do I smell a cliff hanger?

I'm gonna try them out. XD

Don't forget to follow, vote, comment and share.