things we felt; confusion

narrystorxn:

they had angry sex. we all know it

24,139 notes Reblog | Like

"So, tell me again what happened?" Liam says, handing me another glass of water and two Aspirin. My head has been pounding since last night after my unfortunate run-in with an open bar.

"Niall and I are supposed to be pretend dating."

"I'm not new here. I know that." Liam looks puzzled.

"As I was trying to say before you so rudely interrupted, Niall doesn't seem to think that the rules Reese set down apply to him." I rub my temples, closing my eyes, because the lights are blinding me right now. After the argument, I drank even more. I drank so much that even the bartender lost count.

"What do you mean?"

"He's always harping me for talking to girls, or for not being nice to him in public. The least he could do is have the decency to not snog his ex-girlfriend in front of me!"

"Wait." Liam leans over the counter, folding his arms. "Niall kissed Barbara?"

I nod, taking another drink of water.

"Hmm. That doesn't sound like him."

"What do you mean? He's always texting her and talking about how he hates me, because I ruined his relationship." Kissing Palvin totally sounds like him. He's such an asshole.

"Fair enough. But, Harry. Think about it. It-"

"About what? What is there to think about? If I'm not allowed to hang out with girls, then he shouldn't be allowed."

"You're gay, Harry."

"Your point?"

"Faking a relationship with Niall is different for you, because you're used to being with a guy."

"That means nothing. Homosexual relationship or not; fake relationship or not- you don't snog somebody else."

I watch as Liam bites his lip on a smile. "Harry, you sound so jealous."

"Why does everybody keep saying that? Christ. I'm not jealous." I complain, debating throwing what remains of the water at Liam's face.

"Why do you care, then?"

"Because if I'm not allowed to kiss other people, then he shouldn't be allowed to."

"Has Niall told you that you couldn't see someone else?"

"I...Uh...No." I look down at the counter and draw swirls with my fingers.

"Then why are you complaining about this? You aren't even together."

"But we are." I look at Liam and his eyes soften.

"You're not together Harry. You're not."

"I-"

"Do you want to be? Is that the problem?" Liam places his hand on my arm, and I just let it stay there. No, that's not the problem.

"Absolutely not."

"Then it shouldn't matter to you."

"Yes it should." I say determined. It most definitely matters. For all intents and purposes, Niall and I are seeing each other. You don't cheat on someone.

"Only if you like him."

"I don't like him. I hate him."

"Then what is it, Harry?" Liam almost shouts. "You're talking in circles. You're not together, but you're angry that he kissed Babara. Either you like him, or you think that, because of all of this shit, you own him or something. And that doesn't sound like you. That doesn't sound like you at all. So, I'm being led to believe that you like Niall. Have you ever considered that you could be developing feelings for the lad?"