things we did; holding hands

@Sugarscape: Newest photos of Narry show the couple holding hands. ARE THEY CUTE OR ARE THEY CUTE? pic.twitter.com/agd13...

"Hold my hand, Harry." He says through gritted teeth.

"No."

"Harry, just hold my hand." He shakes his hand in front of my face. "If you don't at least try to pull this off, we're both screwed. So, just hold my hand."

I look to the door that the other boys just walked through, not even a minute ago, then back to Niall's hand. The security guard beside us taps his foot impatiently, and I inwardly groan. "I like to walk on the left."

I can see Niall's jaw clench as he drops his right hand and holds out his left. "The longer you take, the more ideas fans will get about us staying behind alone."

I put my hand in his and squeeze as hard as I possibly can. "Ow! What the heck, Harry!"

"You want to hold hands? Fine, then. Let's hold hands." I don't loosen my grip on his fingers until the doors open and we're blinded by flashing lights. I plaster a smile onto my face as I wave to the screaming girls. Niall tugs his hand away from me, and I let go; thankful for the loss of contact.

Screaming girls are pressing up against the barricades our security had set up an hour before; some of them are crying. It's a strange phenomenon, but our fans are constantly in tears. I don't quite understand it, but I guess I should. We're world famous, and they get to see my face in person. Though I see it every day and am not sure what's so special about it. They just cry more when I tell them that, however.

We were told that we could sign a few signatures, and even take a few photos today, because we're only going out to eat later. I look around, and can't see Louis, Liam or Zayn anywhere. They must have already headed off, leaving only Niall and I behind to greet everyone. The guards push me forward slightly, and I realize that I haven't moved since Niall let go of my hand. I snap back into it, and focus on the girls around me.

Smiling and saying hello to multiple, I sign papers, books, phone cases, shirts, hats, and even a shoe. A few ask to take pictures, so I bend down to reach their fifteen year old statures. Most of the fans that come out like this are younger. The older, more mature fans definitely don't chase us down as often. It still happens, but I think that it's the secondary school girls that go crazy.

I'm about to head down the sidewalk when a girl's voice stops me. "Harry, wait! Can you sign my arm, please?

I turn to find the owner of the pretty voice, and see that it came from a young lady with pixie cut style brown hair. I smile at her, and she blushes. Nodding, I take a hold of her arm. "What's your name?"

"Elizabeth."

"Well," I say whilst signing, "you're very pretty. Did you know that?"

The girl looks at me with wide, blue eyes, her mouth open slightly. I want to laugh, because her reaction is rather funny, but at the same time, I'm a little sad she doesn't believe me. "Uh, thank you Harry. That means a lot. Really, it does."

I feel an arm wrap around my waist, and a voice come from beside me. "I hate to interrupt this flirting session, but my boyfriend and I really must be going."

I inwardly groan as Niall pulls me away from Elizabeth. Sometimes, no scratch that; always. Pretending to be Niall's boyfriend is always a pain. His grip on my waist tightens, and I take that as my cue to walk faster. We round the curb, security holding the girls back so that we can walk in peace until we reach the car.

"If I can't talk to girls, then you can't either." He finally spoke up once we were far enough away from the crowds.

"I can talk to whoever I want to talk to." I say, defiantly. "You don't get to decide that for me."