Bucket of Kisses //Chapter Fourteen//

//Chapter Fourteen//

    "So, is the rumour true?" Elliot said as he leaned against the lockers.

    I looked over to him with a confused look on my face, "What rumour?"

    "About you and Jace. You two are going out, right?" he asked.

    I gave him a smile, "Yes, we are."

    He nodded, "And so it is..."

    I grabbed my english binder and put it in my backpack before I closed my locker, "Let me guess, you're shocked, right?"

    "Well...I guess. I never thought you would go out with a guy like Jace."

    "It's funny how everyone says that." I said with a giggle, "Even my chem teacher."

    "Do you love him?"

    "I guess..."

    "You guess?"

    "Um, well. I do like him...a lot. We just became bf and gf last Friday so I'm not really sure."

    Elliot just nodds as we started walking down the hallway.

    "So, how are you and Arabella?" I asked him.

    He gives me small smile, "Good, I guess. We---"

    "Hey, babe." A strong pair of arms suddenly wrapped around my shoulders and I smiled.

    I turned around and looked up at Jace who was smiling back at me, "Hi."

    "Ready to go home?" he asked.

    "Yep." I replied.

    He gives me a kiss on the cheek and glances at Elliot, "'Sup, Elliot? Protecting my girl for me?"

    Elliot shrugs, "Yeah, I guess."

    Jace pats him on the back, "Thanks, bro." He turns back to me and intertwines his fingers with me, "Let's go."

    Before we took off, I gave Elliot one last smile.

    He gives me a small smile back but behind it, seems to have something else.

    ------------------------------

    "So, when is Jace going to come over? Soon, maybe?" mom asked me as I painted my toe nails lavender purple.

    I looked up at her, "Um, I don't know. Why?"

    "Well, the last time I saw him was when he came over for your chemistry project." she said, taking a seat next to me on my bed.

    "You want to meet him again?"

    "He seems like a very sweet guy. And shouldn't your father and I meet him already since you two are dating?"

    I groaned, "Mom."

    "Why don't you invite him over for dinner this Friday?"

    I looked at mom with a weird expression, "This Friday?"

    She gave me a smile, "Yeah. It'll be nice. Hopefully, Jace isn't busy on that day."

    "I don't know. I'd have to ask." I replied, "Maybe I'll ask him later tonight or tomorrow."

    "That's great! We'd love to have him over for dinner." she said, getting up from my bed. She made her way out of my room as I sighed and rolled my eyes.

    I grabbed my phone from my night stand and touched Jace's name from my contacts list.

    I put my phone against my ear as I waited for Jace to answer.

    "Hey, baby." Jace cooed.

    "Hey, Jace." I greeted, "I want to ask you something."

    "Yeah, sure. What?"

    "Would you...want to come over for dinner this Friday? I mean, if you can't then you don't have to. It's just...my mom offered and---"

    "Sounds great. Sure, I'll come over."

    "Really?"

    "Yeah, at what time should I come over?"

    "I don't know. I'd have to ask. I'll tell you tomorrow."

    "Cool."

    "See you tomorrow, then?"

    "Yup. I'll see ya. Bye, Avalon."

    I smiled, "Bye."

    I hung up the phone and sighed.

    Maybe this dinner won't be such a bad idea after all.

    -------------------------------

    This chapter was, well...forced as you can tell. I didn't know what to write about so I decided to make Jace come over for dinner at Avalon's.

    I have further ideas that I can write and hopefully won't let you wait a long time this time.

    For the people who have been patient with me, thank you for understanding.

    Everyone knows that writers' block is pretty intense and awful. :/