Bucket of Kisses //Chapter Seven//

//Chapter Seven//

    "I'm sorry, Avalon. I don't think I can do this to you two." Mrs. Carney said in disappointment.

    "But Jace---"

    "If you decide to give up now. I would have to give you and Jace a zero for this project. And if I do, your grade would automatically drop a full letter grade."

    I sighed, sadly.

    "Avalon, you tried so hard for the past couple months to get at least a B. And you did. But now, I'd have to give you a C instead."

    I nodded, "I just couldn't take it anymore."

    "It's disappointing to hear about Jace. I thought he would be a great student but when I heard from you, I'm very surprised."

    "Shocking, isn't it?"

    "So, is this your final decision? Do you really want to give up on working on this project with Jace?"

    I thought about it for a moment.

    An automatic zero for both me and Jace.

    Doesn't this suck?

    But I have no choice.

    Good bye, B.

    So much for all that hard work.

    I nodded, "Yes."

    Mrs. Carney sighed, "Alright."

    I swung my backpack over my shoulder and proceeded to walk out of the classroom with sadness and some guilt inside of me.

    I walked to my locker and sighed.

    Hopefully this time, it won't be a bitch to me.

    I entered my combination in and opened the locker door. I smiled to myself and put my textbooks away on the top shelf.

    "I see you got your locker to open today."

    Startled, I turned my head.

    "Hey, Elliot." I greeted the tall blonde.

    "I saw you walk out Mrs. Carney's room earlier. You looked pretty sad. Is everything okay?" he asked.

    I frowned, "Oh, um yeah. Just some grade issues, that's all." I replied.

    And a project that I was assigned to do with my middle school bully who probably wants me to go jump off a bridge after what happened yesterday.

    "I know what you mean." he said with a smile, "But everything else is cool, right?"

    "I guess."

    "That's good."

    I nodded and looked down at my feet. I looked back up and sighed.

    "Are you doing anything after school today?" I asked him.

    He gives me a confused look, "No...why?"

    "I want to talk to someone about something. And I'd rather talk about it with a guy than with a girl." I told him.

    "Uh, yeah. Sure."

    I gave him a small smile, "Thanks. Can we meet at the library later? I just have to put my stuff away first."

    "Yeah. I'll meet you there." he said.

    "Thanks, Elliot."

    He gives me another smile and walks off as I continued to put my stuff away.