Bucket of Kisses //Chapter Eleven//

//Chapter Eleven//

    The school gym was already crowded with people, bouncing up and down to the rhythm of "I Wanna Go" by Britney Spears that was blasting through the speakers.

    "Jesus Christ...the gym's already packed." I heard Jace mutter out.

    "Well, what do you expect? People come here to rub against each other while the music's playing and to get laid. Some people need to remind themselves that this isn't Prom." I said, crossing my arms.

    "I love this song!" Arabella chirps out. She turns to Elliot and grabs his hand, "Want to go dance?"

    "Sure." he replied with a smile.

    Arabella and Elliot walks off and disappears into the crowd.

    "So..."

    I looked at Jace, "Hm?"

    "What do we do now?" he asked.

    "I don't know. I'm going to go get some food." I replied.

    He smirked, "Getting some food, already? You just got here."

    I gave him a glare and proceeded to the refreshment tables.

    I gazed around the table for food and took a Halloween cupcake.

    "Avalon!"

    I turned around, looking around the gym. Emerging from the crowd was Gia, dressed as a pirate.

    "Oh my God! Your costume looks great!" she chirped in excitement.

    "Thanks. Yours looks nice too." I told her.

    She smiled, "Thanks! So, did you come with...you know, Jace?"

    I looked at her, "Oh, yeah. Unfortunately."

    "Unfortunately? What the hell, Avalon? You're at the dance with the hottest new guy in school. You should be a little more proud."

    "Proud? He's a jerk and a flirt! He's not my type so I can't be proud. Think about how you would feel if you were in my place right now."

    "You know what, I would love to be in your place. But, I'm here with Cody so I can't."

    "Since you mentioned him, where is he anyway?"

    Gia turned to the bouncing crowd, "Somewhere in there. It's pretty tight and crowded so I guess we lost each other in there."

    "Aw, poor Cody."

    "I better go look for him later." she said with a sigh and then turns back to me, "Where's Jace? I thought you two were going to stick together throughout the whole entire dance."

    "Somewhere, but I don't really care actually. He's probably sucking on someone's mouth right now since he's such a huge player."

    "C'mon, Avalon. This is you and Jace's night. You got to have some fun with him. And what about Elliot? Don't tell me he's with your sister."

    I sighed, "He is actually."

    "What? Holy crap, you are a mess and you just arrived."

    She pulls on my arm, "C'mon, follow me."

    "What? Where are we going?"

    "To go find Jace or Elliot. You are not ending up alone tonight."

    Gia leads me through the crowd of teenagers, pushing against each other.

    After a long adventure (not really) through the crowd, Gia finally gave up on searching and escaped from the mob.