Start of something (Nicky x reader)

It was my first full day at Litchfield. I woke up this morning to the rough bed sheets and thin mattress, and a headache that was so painful I could have bashed my own skull in as an attempt to stop it. However, in those few blissful moments in the place between being asleep and awake, I felt as if everything was normal, as if it was all a terrible dream. Then reality checked in.
I remembered yesterday, being brought here on the prison bus, shown my bunk which I shared with three other people, handed a crappy toothbrush, and left in hell. Oh wait, prison. After that, I'd slept the rest of the day away so today is where I'd fully experience what prison was like. Here goes nothing.

I walked into the cafeteria and was instantly bombarded with the noise. People were seated and some were standing, guards surrounded the room and there was a long line where I assumed you would collect food. I headed that way.
"Hey! Watch it will ya? It's my birthday ya know and I've got a special breakfast from red, wouldn't want it to end up on your snazzy orange jumpsuit would we? I mean, I'd still eat it but I'm empathetic, I'm thinking of you here kid." A sarcastic, bushy haired, wide eyed woman said . She was smirking and her eyes held a light in them; she was instantly intriguing.
"Shit, sorry, i wasn't looking where I was going. H-happy birthday." I felt myself blushing. Oh no, she's going to think I'm a softie, that's not how you're going to get by in this place!
"No problem kid, the surname's Nichols but you can call me Nicky" she smirked again and held out her hand, almost dropping her breakfast again, causing us both to laugh.
"I'm y/n. Y/n y/l/n. Nice to meet you"
"Come join us y/n. I like you already" she winked and proceeded to walk to a table with a few other people seated at it. I don't know how, but I know that Nicky Nichols is going to be the start of something and dear god, I was ready for it!