Nightmares (alex vause)

Alex:
Since you arrived at litchfield, you have developed insomnia, and, when you eventually did doze off, your subconscious was flooded with terrible images, forcing you to relive your worst moments every time you closed your eyes. It was a particularly bad night, you couldn't sleep at all, and you longed for the warmth of your own bed, for the comfort of another body next to yours, and for the reassuring sounds of traffic outside the window. Wrapped up in these thoughts, you had entered a daze, but suddenly, a noise from the bed adjacent to yours brought you back to reality. Your bunk mate, Alex Vause, was stirring in her sleep, mumbling incomprehensible things and tossing around in the itchy bedsheets.
"Alex... Alex hey, wake up."
This didn't wake her though, and what you assumed was a nightmare only seemed to worsen. Knowing what it felt like to be trapped inside of your own head, unable to escape your brain, you carefully placed a hand on her forehead.
She was cold to the touch, and her skin was coated in a thin layer of sweat. However, as soon as your hand touched her skin, her eyes flew open.
"Y/n?" She said, obviously confused.
"I uh- well, um- I couldn't sleep and you were having a nightmare, I wanted to make sure you were okay, I ... I know what it's like"
"Y/n, will you stay with me? Just for a while"
You were surprised at her request, considering you had never been very close in the past but you yielded none the less. Secretly though, you have had a crush on Alex since your arrival.
As you slid into the narrow bed, you were immediately engulfed by the warmth radiating for Alex's body. Within minutes, your eyelids began to feel heavy and soon after, you drifted off to sleep. Alex placed her hand on your waist and rested her chin on your head; she had wanted this for so long— to be close to you .
"I love you," she whispered, not knowing that you had woken.
"I love you too Alex" you replied. She let out a faint noise of surprise and kissed your head, knowing that talking might disrupt the peacefulness you both felt. You both fell asleep, for once knowing that you were safe in each others arms, and the nightmares didn't return, for the place you both despised most had become your own corner of heaven. You loved each other, and you fell asleep dreaming of nothing but how perfect that night was, unsure of whether it was a dream itself.