chapter 4

Eliza’s P.O.V.

He grabbed my arm and forced me down the hall way even though I wasn’t resisting. It started to ache but I tried to ignore it. We made our way to the door and he locked it shut behind him as we exited the building. We walked to the car and he shoved me in the passenger’s seat. I put on my seat belt because I knew what a reckless driver he was. He walked around to his side and got into the car. I then began thinking of ways I could get out of here. Maybe I could write a note and put the address on it then explain that I was kidnapped along with five other kids and put it somewhere someone could find it next time I came with him out of the house. Or if I asked to go to the bathroom I could escape out the window or get help from a woman in there. The only problem was that I knew for a fact he wouldn’t let me out of his sight. This was going to be difficult. What if someone I knew saw me with him? They might think something’s up and call the police. Or if he got pulled over because of his crappy driving I could tell the cop before he drew his gun. I couldn’t rely on the last two plans though; there was a slim chance of them happening. I didn’t want to rely on my luck. I knew I needed to make something happen.

“We need to get you some clothes if you are going to be living with me.” He said. Maybe he wasn’t planning on killing me! Maybe I would get to see my family and friends again! I already missed them. My heart ached to see Max again. He was probably worried sick about me. I was the only one who protected him against the harsh bullies he encountered.

“Okay.” I responded simply. I didn’t feel like talking. We drove to the nearest thrift store probably because thrift stores were never that busy and they had cheap clothes he could afford. I unbuckled my seat belt and waited for him to unlock the car. He unlocked his side then hopped out and came around and opened my door for me.

“Listen, if you talk to anyone or attract any attention to yourself. You are going to deeply regret it. Do you understand?” he asked me harshly.

“Yeah. I understand. I’ll be good.” I said starting to get bored with his threatening. We walked into the store he had his arm around my waist as we looked around till we found my size. We picked a pair of shorts, some jeans, and two t shirts then he stuffed them into a big gym bag then headed out the door quickly.

“You aren’t going to pay for those?” I asked surprised.

“No, that would draw attention to us and that’s the last thing I need.” He told me angrily. “Now get into the car before anyone sees you.” He growled.

“Okay, okay, whatever.” I retorted surprising myself with my courage. Normally I would freak out in this situation!

He climbed in the driver’s seat and looked out the window checking for any people. “Get changed.” He ordered.

“I can’t with you sitting there. Can I get changed in the restroom? ” I asked hopefully. I didn’t want his eyes on my body when I was wearing only underwear! I didn’t want his eyes on my body at all! Also, if I went to the restroom to change, I could get away from him and get help for the kids back at his house.

“Oh come on! Make this easy for me please. Either you are going to get dressed in this car or I’m going to strip you down and put them on your hot little body for you. Now please cooperate!”

“Fine, but at least look away please?” I asked him hopefully.

“Whatever, just put the clothes on.” He said surprising me that he was going to do what I wanted for a change. He then moved his head to face the window on his side.

“Thanks.” I said as I began to take off my shirt. When I was only in my bra and shorts I saw him steal a glance at my chest. Anger bubbled up inside me. I will not have him looking at my body! The only guy I might not mind looking at it is Anthony.