chapter 3

Eliza’s P.O.V.

I woke up when the sun had just risen to the sound of someone in my room and someone underneath me. Where the hell am I?! I immediately jumped off of the stranger beneath me and remembered my situation when I looked around the room I remembered from last night. The walls were painted grey and the carpet was an ugly brown, there was one cheap couch in the room and the mattress I was sitting on. That’s when it hit me that I probably wasn’t going to make it out of here. What about Nicki? What about my cheer team? What about my parents? What about Kyle? Oh dear, what about my little brother? We were really close. Closer than most siblings ever were, we may argue sometimes but he was one of the closest people in my life, he would be devastated if I never came back, I knew I had to try and survive for him. I looked over at Anthony embarrassed that I had been sleeping on him surprised to see a worried expression on his face. He looked cute with his messy morning hair.

“Good morning beautiful. Are you okay?” He asked me. He thinks I’m beautiful? Usually guys didn’t pay much attention to me. But he was really handsome; I got butterflies with his choice of words for his greeting.

“Umm good morning Anthony. I’m okay what about you?” I asked politely. I was timid with him, usually I wasn’t shy with anyone.

“I’m good, did you like our sleeping arrangements?” he asked while winking at me. I blushed and laughed. It was amazing he could get me laughing in this situation.

“I quite liked it.” I said while winking back at him. That’s one thing I could get used to here, sleeping in the arms of Anthony was one of the best things ever. He somehow made me feel like the guy who took me couldn’t hurt me. That is until he kicked open the door with a gun pointed at my head. Anthony stepped in front of me in attempt to protect me.

“Can you cook?” the man who abducted me asked rudely. My heart started beating rapidly, what do I say? If I say yes what is he going to do? What if I say no? I was speechless I didn’t like the gun being pointed at me like that. “Well?” he asked

“Err…” I couldn’t speak correctly. Anthony reached behind him and grabbed my hand and gave me a reassuringly squeeze. I finally managed to speak. “Yes” I blurted out.

“Come with me.” The man told me. I was shaking, what did he want?

“Don’t hurt her Dan!” Anthony exclaimed. He seemed like he really cared about me.

“Heh that’s cute, Anthony cares about her. Well don’t get too attached. If I hurt her or not will be up to her decisions.” Okay he might not hurt me if I cooperate with him I gave Anthony one last squeeze and let go of his hand and walked over to the man who kidnapped me.

“What do you want?” I asked him confidently, did that sound rude? Could he hurt me for that? Oh dear this was going to be difficult. I need to quit over thinking things. It’s hard when your life is on the line though.

“You’re going to make us all breakfast.” He told me with a joyful smile placed upon his lips. His smile was eerie, it caught me of guard.

“Okay, I can do that, what do you want me to make?” I asked him. I hope I could make what he requested it seemed like forever when he was anticipating what he would like to eat.

“Pancakes.” He told me with the gun still pointed at my skull.

“Okay.” I said as I plastered a fake smile upon my face. Despite my inner feelings of hatred towards this man I needed for him to like me in order to get out and see my brother, friends, and family again and live a normal life.

He lead me down the hall that I was forced through yesterday into a small dirty kitchen. Then he got pancake mix, milk, eggs, a pan, and cinnamon out in front of me. “There you go.” He told me as he took a seat by the counter still pointing the gun at me while I began to put the ingredients into the bowl. I shook rapidly as I poured the milk in trying desperately not to make any mistakes or spill it. When I finally got everything in the bowl I put the pan on the oven and turned on the burner. Okay Eliza, you can do this just wait for it to heat up, poor the mix on, and you’re done. Before I knew it I had 7 plates of pancakes done. I breathed a breath of relief and turned to him.