10|| Jared Noll Palmer Post {Request Preference}

A/N: Yes, I take requests. If you have a certain Trooper that I have written about that you want me to write about and pair you with him (or her if your a guy) you can PM me.

Jared Noll was on early morning patrol mostly all day and he would patrol until nine then go home to sleep. It was hard taking the swing shift but someone had to do it on weekends during holidays. Day calls were usually more severe but now that it was getting close to night time it was mostly calm and quiet for now. Most of the time, the calls Troopers got at night weren't as severe as the day calls but since the days were getting a little longer the calls closer to nighttime got worse every year. Jared liked doing the swing every now and then. It kept him focused and sometimes he didn't want to go home because he felt like he didn't earn his paycheck.
"Palmer 2, there's been a 10-50 on East Arctic Avenue. Lifeguards deployed. Now a 10-42." Dispatch said, "Current ETA?"
"10-4 Dispatch." Noll answered the radio, "Five minutes."
Jared shifted in his seat listening to the constant chatter over the radio while driving. It was getting closer to winter now and that worried him. If they had car accidents in the winter the victim could freeze to death. Or risk getting Pneumonia while waiting for troopers to arrive on scene.
"10-4." Dispatch said.
Jared's patrol cars engine revved as he pushed it beyond the speed limit needing to get there As Soon As Possible. He wanted to get there in time to rescue the victim instead of the victim dying on him like last time.
"10-52 Dispatch." The lifeguards said over the radio.
Jared ignored the chatter as he got to the bridge and saw it. He stopped his car turning it off and ran out.
"10-6 and 10-23." Jared said into his radio.
Jared stopped at the broken guard rail seeing the car sinking and the victim going with it.
"Can you go after Lauren?" Jared asked the lifeguards.
"It's too cold for us." The lifeguards said, "Dispatch advised for us to wait till you arrived."
"I'm here now." Jared said when he was getting frustrated.
Every minute the lifeguards wasted meant almost certain death for Lauren.
"10-68." Jared said into his radio.
"10-4 Palmer 2." Dispatch said.
"Hold this.." Jared said taking off his radio.
Jared then took off his hat handing it to the lifeguards. Then he removed his weapons and handed them over to the guards.
"What are you going to do?" The lifeguards said.
"Go after her." Jared said.
"It's too cold for that." The lifeguards said.
"I've lived here most of my life. It's not going to hurt me." Jared said smirking.
The lifeguards blinked twice looking at one another when there was a splash and then they looked at the water watching Jared. He never knew why Dispatch deployed the lifeguards because they didn't want to get into the freezing water. Instead Jared did. With his extensive training as a lifeguard growing up Jared knew what to do and that Lauren's life depended on him. The lifeguards watched when Jared resurfaced taking a deep breath and disappeared.
"Excuse me?" I said behind the two men.
"Ma'am?" Said one of the lifeguards.
"Is Lauren okay?" I asked about my friend.
"Trooper Noll is going to get Lauren now." The Lifeguards said, "We'll know when he comes back with Lauren."
"Okay." I said and stayed near the Lifeguards.
"Got her!" Jared said loudly as he swam.
I was handed Jared's gear and the Lifeguards were handed Lauren. Jared then climbed back up the side when I was still holding his gear.
"Thanks." Jared said smiling.
"No problem." I said, "Is Lauren going to be okay?"
"Ambulance ETA?" Jared said into his radio.
"ETA is one minute Palmer 2." Dispatch said as I heard the ambulances sirens screaming and the bright strobe lights.
Relief washed over me when Jared sighed half smiling as the ambulance made its way closer.
"I've got to close off the scene now and talk to victims." Jared told me, "Request 10-51 and 10-68 please."
"10-4 Palmer 2. 10-68 is on their way. Tow trucks ETA is Six minutes." Dispatch said.
"10-4." Jared said.
I was with my friend as they put Lauren in the ambulance to take my friend to the hospital.
"Excuse me?" I said to Trooper Noll, "Thank you."
"Just doing my job ma'am." Jared said with a small smile.
I left with Lauren so the trooper could close off the scene for the others. Hopefully they could find out if this was an actual accident or someone trying to kill Lauren.