6|| Matthew Determan Palmer Post (Misc Preference)

Sometimes I will write when I'm nervous and let's say.... I'm Super nervous. Hopefully that won't reflect in my writing. If it does I'm sorry. The AST series is a bit like a comfort food for me, when I'm feeling horrible or nervous, I'll go back to the show repeatedly.

Matthew Determan had been called to a car accident. A really bad one. He hoped it wasn't anyone he knew, or his daughter, Jamie J Determan. The J stood for Josephine. And she was just like her dad, Matt.
"10-71 Palmer 2, the Female is Jamie J Determan." Dispatch answered Matt's request.
"10-4 Dispatch." Matt said.
Jamie what were you doing? I swear to god if it was that boy I'm gonna kill him!
"10-5 any wants or warrants on Jamie J Determan?"
"10-4 Palmer 2, please 10-6." Dispatch said and there was radio static for a while, "10-97 Palmer 2."
"10-4 Dispatch." Matt said mentally applauding himself for raising his daughter well despite having no mother figure in the picture.
"The CU That ATT ABWIK Jamie is 10-99 Adam." Dispatch relayed to Matt.
"10-4." Matt said, "I'm 10-39 status and request 10-68."
"10-4 Palmer 2." Dispatch said.
"10-23. 10-12 for 10-5 after Search for suspect." Matt said and put the horn down cocking his assault rifle back.
I'm coming Sweetheart, I promise.
He closed his patrol car door and ducked behind the hood of the car watching for anyone that could cause any harm to him or his daughter before approaching the vehicle.
"10-12 Dispatch, approaching vehicle." Matt said into his radio.
Matt approached the car with caution and looked the vehicle over quickly.
"10-4 Palmer 2." Dispatch said as Matt smirked.
"Dad?!?!?!" Matt heard the small scared voice of his daughter Jamie Determan.
"I'm here Sweetheart. Anything broken??" Matt called back to his daughter distracting her.
"No!" Jamie shouted back.
"Okay!" Matt called back and turned  to the side pressing the button of his radio, "Car accident victim is alive and speaking."
"10-4 Palmer 2." Dispatch said and Matt turned.
"Anything hurt really bad??" Matt asked.
"Yeah!!" Jamie called back to her dad.
"Can you tell me what?" Matt asked knowing he could regret it if it was what he thought it was.
"My stomach, back and head." Jamie said when Matt closed his eyes composing himself.
It was different when you knew the victim. And it was hard to keep your emotions in check.
"It's okay Sweetheart." Matt said coming to the drivers side, "Door jammed?"
"Y-Yeah.." Jamie stammered.
"Move away from the door as far as you can." Matt said meeting the brown eyes of his daughter.
"O-Okay.." Jamie said softly.
"Doors jammed and I will have to fire weapon." Matt said into his radio.
"10-4  Palmer 2." Dispatch said.
Matt pulled out his Glock 22 cocking it back and aimed at the door handle.
"Ready Jamie?!" Matt called.
"10-4 Dad!" Jamie said.
Matt pulled the trigger and then holstered the Glock pulling on the door when he elbowed the glass finally getting it to pop open.
"Hey beautiful." Matt said smiling, "Come on out. The K-9 units on their way to find this guy, so he can't do this again... to anyone."
"Good." Jamie said when Matt let her lean against him and she hugged him.
"I was scared dad.."
"It's okay." Matt assured Jamie, "I was afraid too."
"I was told that made me a coward..." Jamie said when Matt made a face.
"That does not." Matt said, "Means you are human, just like the rest of us."
"Do you know the guy that did this?"
"I did but I won't after this." Jamie said when Matt grinned, "James.."
Matt directed Jamie to his patrol car and she got in buckling up while he looked at the evidence and the car.
"This should have never happened..." Matt said looking away grimly.
Matt knew what this would do to Jamie but he knew it wouldn't change how close they were. Never could anything heinous as this separate the father and daughter from one another. Never.

How was this preference??

Alaska State Troopers Preferences [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें