I'm on my way

My head was pounding. A numbing feeling in my neck I have learned to live with for the past week. This car ride has never felt so long as it is now. My phone started vibrating again. I had thrown it onto the car seat next to me and decided to finally answer the phone. 

"Where are you?"

"On my way back"

"Let me put this in another way. Where the hell have you been?"

"Sammy Sammy, I didn't know you cared so much"

"Luna I swear to-"

"I needed time" I cut Sam off and came to a stop with the car. There was a red light and there were probably no one for miles. I closed my eyes for a second and leaned my head back. "I just needed some time"

"There's someone here who really wants to see you, come by?"

By the tone of Sam's voice I already knew that someone is Chase. And, to be honest, I really have missed him. I wouldn't mind seeing him. Scratch that, I really want his company. I let out a sigh and slightly smiled. The light turned yellow before green and I stepped on the gas. 

"I'm on my way"

*

I pulled up on Sam's driveway and saw that the lights were on inside the house. I shut the engine off and stepped out of the car. Not even a second later I heard the door open and out came a Chase. I smile uneasy, not knowing how he was going to react. I was gone for quite some time and I didn't exactly leave on good terms. 

He was walking towards me, putting his hands in his pockets and then seconds later running his hand through his hair. He usually does that when he's nervous. I shut the car door and took a few steps forward. 

Chase and I kept a small distance between us, not staying too far away. I felt kind of nervous seeing him now and I really don't know what to say. I placed some of my hair behind my ear, trying to think of something to say but I was afraid of how he might react.

"Can I kiss you?" Chase suddenly asked and I looked back at him, my mouth a little gaping. I was so not expecting that. I bit my lower lip and nodded. Chase quickly closed the distance between us and pulled me in for a kiss. His hands held my face as his lips were softly placed on mine. The kiss wasn't desperate or anything, it was just soft and filled with love. 

Chase pulled away so we both could breath, but his lips still brushing against mine. We stared into each others eyes and in that moment I realized how much I missed being in his embrace. 

"You look different" He whispered and I smiled.

"I cut the dead ends of my hair, they were bugging me" I said and placed my arms around his neck. "And I got tired of looking like a trashcan"

Chase let out a chuckle and pecked my lips before pulling a bit hair away from my face, placing it behind my ear. "I still think you're as beautiful as always, but you do look more free than before"

Chase placed his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead. "We have a lot to talk about"

I let out a long sigh and dropped my head on Chase's shoulder. I knew he was talking about our argument and I knew this was coming. 

*

"You can't leave!" 

"I don't have a choice" I yelled back at Chase. "If I don't figure out what's wrong with me I could hurt all of us"

"Everything is always about you and what you want" Chase snapped. I stepped slightly back, feeling attacked by the person I love. "You can't care about anything else but yourself. It's all about you, you and you"

"Chase, you know that's not true" I said, not really wanting to argue with him. I don't want to fight.

"Oh really? I need you right now and you just want to up and leave" 

"I don't want to, trust me, but I can't be here if I blow up" I said, trying to stay calm and collected. Chase just shook his head in disbelief and bit his lip. 

"Maybe you should leave"

"Chase-"

"No. Just, just leave" He said, lowering his voice. I felt my eyes water and I nodded my head. I grabbed my bag and the car keys before walking towards the door. I turned the knob and then looked back at Chase. He had his back turned against me and I knew that right now was not a good idea to continue talking, so I left.

*

"I'm sorry I keep making everything about me. I'm really bad at compromising apparently"

"I haven't exactly made it easy either"

"Don't apologize Chase, you were just being honest" I said and let go of him a little so I could lean on the car. "I never thought of myself as being selfish but I've been thinking, and lately things have been revolving around me"

"I love you"

I looked up, really confused. Why did he feel like saying that all of a sudden? Chase walked up to me and placed one hand on my cheek. "We have been through a lot and sometimes these things happen"

"Do they?" I looked at him, waiting for an answer. 

"Well only if your boyfriend is bionic" Chase stated and I laughed. "But my point is, after all of this, I still love you and nothing is gonna change that"

"You're perfect" I said and ran my fingers through his hand. 

"Not even close" He said and leaned in to kiss once again. 

*

Chase didn't want to go back home yet and since it wasn't a school night, I was okay with that. We decided to drive around town and just enjoy each others company now that I finally came back. Just enjoy it all before the bionic academy hits us with a ton of bricks.

*

Guess who's back ;)