Chapter 29

Taehyung fumbled with his hands, tossing the mic from one to the other. The crowd outside was louder than he had anticipated, and he could hear them screaming and shouting. His cheeks were blazing with anticipation and his eyes were locked onto the spotlight where he was supposed to walk into as the song began to play. He could do this. He would do this. He felt Hoseok and Jimin come and stand by him.

"We've practised the choreography enough. You can do this." Hoseok pressed the tips of his fingers into Tae's shoulders for support.

"V doesn't get nervous," Jimin said, his eye smile soothing his dangerously high heart beat. Is this how he would die: tachycardia?

"Let's do this," He said, clearing his throat. Just as he was done with his 'inspiring' speech, the first beats of his song Stigma began to play. The dancers walked onto the stage and took their positions. Taehyung walked out, hand on the mic, heart in throat, as his eyes danced over the now quite crowd. And then he sang.

"I've been hiding it

I tell you something

Just to leave it buried

Now I can't endure it anymore

Why couldn't I say it then

I have been hurting anyway

Really I won't be able to endure it

Now cry..."

The fans were now singing along. He marvelled at the fact that they had managed to learn such a complicated manner in the matter of a day. He thought back to what his producer had told him just before he went onto the stage: his EP was currently ranked at the position of 76 on 'Top 100' on the Korean iTunes. Even though it was just 3 songs he was happy that he was achieving something.

"It's only that I'm very sorry towards you

Again, cry because I couldn't protect you

Deeper, deeper, the wound just gets deeper

Like pieces of broken glass that I can't reverse

Deeper, it's just the heart that hurts every day

(You) who was punished in my stead,

You who were only delicate and fragile

Stop crying, tell me something

Try saying to me, who had no courage

Why did you do that to me then

I'm sorry

Forget it,

what right do I have

To tell you to do this or that.."

He did the assigned steps with near perfection and made sure that his singing continued to stay on beat. He felt the gaze of his fans but he did not dare to look at them. Instead, he looked into the cameras and focused all his attention on the people who controlled the lights.

"Deeper, deeper, the wound just gets deeper

Like pieces of broken glass that I can't reverse

Deeper, it's just the heart that hurts every day

(You) who was punished in my stead,

You who were only delicate and fragile

I'm sorry I'm sorry

I'm sorry ma brother

Even if (I try to) hide it, or conceal it, it can't be erased

Are you calling me a sinner