Chapter 2

Taehyung hadn't been able to get Na Ri out of his head. Most people would attribute that to the fact that she may have been beautiful, but that wasn't the case. She had remembered who he was. She had shown up after all these years and made him think about high school again.

He sat in front of the computer, thinking back to all the detentions he took during school.

That was the funny thing about those detentions: he wasn't ever the culprit, but he had always been the victim. And it was during those detentions that Taehyung had seen Na Ri for the first time. She used to work at the school library after school. She had walked in one day, claiming the seat behind the library computer as her own. And what surprised him, even more, was that she hadn't paid him any heed.

She put down her book after a few minutes and picked up a pile of them to arrange around the two-floored structure. She had been so immersed in her cleaning up that Taehyung had only caught her attention after coughing. That cough had resonated so loudly in the library that she cursed and dropped everything she had been holding.

She turned to face from the second floor, peering down. Her hair covered her cheeks hiding the embarrassment.

"Who are you?" She asked in her usual voice, but it still echoed off the walls.

"I am here for detention," Taehyung said, waving at her. She then presumed to ignore him again.

He laughed as he recollected that day, and the person working next to him turned to face him.

"Are you okay, V?" The man asked. He was his producer. As an artist at Soulighting, he had managed to release an EP with 3 songs that winter, and it had been doing well enough. He even had a song in collaboration with the adored hyung: Min Yoongi. But now, he was working on something special for his upcoming birthday. He wanted to surprise his fans, but his inspiration had run dry.

"I was just thinking of something..." He told the man. He ignored the pang he felt in his chest when he saw the picture of Park Eun In on the man's desk. He closed his eyes and tried to come back to the present. Regardless of how he was trying to get over her, her constant presence around him rarely ever helped him. He was going to have to move out.

"How about we do something like a love song?" Tae suggested. The man nodded.

"How do you want to write about it?" He asks.

"I want the fans to feel like they were going a journey with me, and talk about our love. It could be a simple story, and then we can build on emotions from that point on. And to have a good amount of impact, we can make it into a ballad-type song." He suggested. The producer seemed to like the idea, and the two got to work.

-

"I don't believe it," Na Ri told Jeong for the tenth time. Jeong laughed at the naivety that shrouded Na Ri. She would do her best to avoid any such instances with her favourite artist at the moment: V.

"The song is going to be about falling in love," Jeong said, showing Na Ri the article she was talking about. She snubbed off her best friend and continued to walk toward her next class. Even the mere mention of him had made her feel warm in the freezing cold of the winter. College should really let them off for Christmas.

"It's coming out in a week," Jeong continued to scream. She turned and glared at the small frame of the girl. Jeong snickered and raced to her own class.

"So what if it's coming out in a week? I can handle the song, I can handle it." She murmured to herself as she walked to the Building of Arts for her literature class. She wondered just what sort of love story he was going to talk about this time. She hadn't realized how she had become such a big fan of this artist in such a short while.

It started out by clicking on a video titled 'Trouble' and falling into a deep, dark hole after that point. What she really liked about V, however, was that he hadn't ever shown his face on camera. He had been using someone named Jung Hoseok and Park Jimin as actors to convey emotions of his song. His mesmerising voice was the star of the song. He had done no interviews. And his stage performance was enhanced by the presence of two dancers.

The Saturday that followed was the worst, absolute worst. She had to work, but all she wanted to do was bury herself in her blanket and listen to the song on repeat. The first day that she downloaded the song she had heard it around 50 times.

He had released an official statement in the form of a diary entry as well. It talked about the various things that had gone into the production of the EP and the title in particular. She had cried her eyes out when she read that someone had broken his heart. What an idiot!

He was a mystery that had caught Na Ri by the hook. And now...now he was releasing a love song.

Her inner-self was squealing as she walked into her class, and took her usual seat. The third one from the left, and the third one from the front: exactly in the corner.

She sighed as the pulled out the read of this lesson: a translated version of Shakespeare's Hamlet. She was thoroughly enjoying this book, and all its wildness, ghosts, madmen, and violence: the perfect combination.

She was easily distracted, however, because she kept thinking back to the article Jeong had been showing her. She finally gave into the curiosity and went onto her phone to search more about V.

She opened the first link that came into the web results. She quickly scanned through an article when the last line read: And he will be performing live while showing his face! Fangirls assemble!

Despite being stringent about grammar and the use of exclamation marks, Na Ri ignored that part and let out a soft scream. She felt her eyes begin to water.

HE WAS GOING TO SHOW HIS FACE. HE WAS GOING TO SHOW HIS FACE.

The same sentence ran through her head on repeat. She was truly done for.