Stronger Then She Looks.

The night was dark. The street was silent. The smell of cherry and rosemary Yankee candles burned and lingered in the air: the soothing gust of smoke floated around the room peacefully. A small white cat with a black patch on its left eye and right ear, its pink nose twitched as it slept on the foot of a young girls bed.

The girl was lifeless and still as she slept. Her long black hair curled and twisted behind her a bright pink strip in her fringe was blended with the rest of hair as it rested on her pillow. Rapped like a caterpillar in a cocoon. She lay there innocent as a flower. She was only seventeen.

Her room was gentle and decorated with posters: Bring me the Horizon, BlackVeilBrides and asking Alexandria. One of her walls was painted purple and drawn on with her personality.

There was a sudden lock of her bedroom door and an orange glow came through the bottom of it. Black thick smoke poured through the gaps.

Choking and falling to her feet she hobbled to her window. It was too high to jump. "fall to my death or burn alive" she thought to her self. Running at the door. Trying to get it open. She tried several times but it wouldn't open. She gave up. Sitting. Watching the fire spread. She lost consciousness.

Shouting and flashing lights were outside the house. People gathered in devastation.

The girl re-opened her pale blue eyes. She looked around. She couldn't find her brother. "wheres Alex, i have to go find him". The firemen tried holding her back. "miss your badly burned we need to get you to safety".

"no! I have to find my brother". Breaking free and running to his screams and cries. "mummy, where are you"! He yelled on repeat.

She ran to him.

As she bravely dashed inside. The girls boyfriend showed up. A tall fella, gentle brownish blue eyes and fuzzy brown hair. He wore black jeans and a baggy hoodie and steel toe cap boots. "oh fuck. Wheres winter"?

"gone to find her brother" a voice yelled.

"are you mad! she could get her self killed". He rushed in after her. "winter! Luv, if you can hear answer me. Winter"! He saw her laying there barely breathing. Alex ran out of the burning house. He scooped her in to his loving arms and carried her out of the flames.

He placed her onto the grass out side. The cat approached her body and nuzzeled her.

"Francis! Is she ok"? Alex asked clinging to his mother

"not certain but i hope so, i cant live with out her".

A fireman violently moved Francis away from her.

"poor girl is badly damaged by the fire, she needs to be taken to hospital right away".

"Francis go with her, i will stay here with alex. Look after my baby girl".

He smiled and went with her.

The ambulance was cold and small. Gaining consciousness. She opened her eyes for a brief moment.

She held out her burned hand to reach his. "Francis, is that you". She croaked. "yes im here, i always will".

She smiled "i love you". A tear ran down her red face. He reached out his paw and placed it on her cheek as he leaned over her holding her hand in the other and kissing her forehead. "i love you too".

Her pale, frightened eyes slowly closed again.

A few moments past although it felt like hours she was placed in a white room. Francis never left her side. Holding her warm hand "please be ok". He mumbled to him self. A large muscular figure stood in front of him dressed in blue and black glasses that framed his green eyes. His ginger hair was short and covered his eyebrows he was ever so slightly tanned and he had ginger stubble along his face. "what are you to her"? Francis looked at him worried, "boyfriend". He replied "is she going to be ok"? He continued. Sitting more forward in his seat.

Silence. He looked at his clipboard checking the results.

"she should be fine, but she has been badly burned by the fire and lost a lot of blood, we will need to keep her in for the night". The figure answered. Francis looked at her peaceful face. "i wish to stay with her". He sighed.

Night fell. The bed side lamp was the only light. Francis was snuggled up to winter like a child to a teddy bear, brushing his hand through her soft black hair. "you brave minx". He whispered to her falling asleep by her side.