Chapter 17- (with a really long A/N)

He never stopped.

The words snapped her into some sort of trance, shock causing her to break their thought connection. He'd never stopped.

What the heck.

Sophie bit her lip down hard, any harder she would be drawing blood.

Keefe Sencen loved her.

But he didn't know that she returned those feelings—they weren't unrequited.

Sophie Foster, you utter idiot, she scolded herself. It's not like he knows that right now. So, do something about it!

Hesitantly, she reconnected to him, slipping back into his mind as though she was never gone. (It's not like he knew she was gone.)

Accordingly, her future husband was in the middle of a rant about her.

Wait, future husband?

Sophie, snap out of it! She shook herself.

Sophie Elizabeth Foster if you don't return right now and tell me that you're there—gah, I'm freaking out—help me—you're too beautiful to be lost—Foster, I'm sorry if I said something wrong, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm SORRY—

Keefe! Keefe it's okay. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm fine. Just needed a moment to gather my thoughts.

Also known as, SEF spaced out. My god, Foster.

SEF?

Your initials, duh. Now to the important thing: WHY DID YOU NEED TO GATHER YOUR THOUGHTS, WHERE DID YOU GO, WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME HANGING, AND WHY DID YOU ASK THAT QUESTION?

The questions resonated through their connection, and she recognized the panic radiating in small waves still coming from him.

Jeez, Keefe, I'm fine. And...um...I love you too.

Then she dropped out of the connection.

Everyone besides her: WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING???

Her: How's he going to react? What if it was one of his silly jokes? AHHHHHHH!

Sophie Elizabeth Foster was officially a coward, a wimp, and any synonyms you can think of for those two words. But she couldn't handle it if she were to be rejected at all—it might break her forever. At least, not now. She was too emotional.

In the morning, if she had some time to steel her nerves and brace herself, maybe.

Sophie's faith was anything but immense, her small hoping heart still prevailing. He could love her still—it was possible.

Maybe more than possible.

Hopefully.

Their night talk leaving her unsettled—something that was her own fault—Sophie curled into the covers, inhaling and exhaling softly.

Tomorrow was a new day. Anything could happen. The possibilities were numerous. The opportunities revealing themselves slowly.

Slowly and surely.

But she would take it one step at a time.

The first step: Sleep.

-------------------

Author's Note - PLEASE READ

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere's that chapter I promised y'all yesterday. Speaking of yesterday - I really appreciate all of those comments/feedback you all gave me! It kind of made my day:)

I have to say that I'm really excited to end this book - I need a new style of writing.

Yes, you did just read right. Don't bother checking. This book is coming to an end. In about two chapters.

Fans: *start crying hysterically*

Me: There, there, there will be another chapter.

Fans: *look at me suspiciously with tears stopping and a pouty face* Couldn't you have mentioned this before I started bawling my eyes out?

Me: *shrugs* All of my followers will be notified as soon as it goes up.

Fans that haven't followed me: *looks at me with wide eyes*

Me: *sighs* Yeah, I haven't forgotten about you either. I'll put the description and everything up on here later.

Soooo yeah. Couldn't help myself there. Don't worry, I know that's probably not your reaction to this news, but whatever.

For those of you that noticed I mentioned something about a 'new writing style' up above, I applaud you. I wouldn't have connected the dots. *cough* Um, right, for most of you all that are likely confused, I'd like you to know that the last book in this series is going to be a different writing style.

Any of you ever wonder what Sophie wrote to the Keefe she thought was dead from the Lost Cities? Well, you're about to find out!

*drumroll pleaase*

*dramatic pause*

I will be releasing this new book with updates almost every day, since they'll be short, AND in letter form. It's been pre-written. But I AM sad to announce that unfortunately, after this last book I am not planning on extending the trilogy.

I can only write one ship for so long. And for those of you going (@Vivaldi26  I can SO see you doing this lol) that are going:

I THOUGHT THIS WAS YOUR FAVORITE SHIP, HOW DARE YOU????

Please note that this is the longest thing I've ever written for one ship, constantly. My other Becknessa book likely isn't going to even get a sequel, because it's too much of two people for me. This is EXCEEDINGLY long for me, and I need you all to understand that. (Not saying that you won't, just please have empathy in your hearts for this poor writer.)

Wow, that was long. Just wanted to update all of my fans on everything that's going on. Sorry for taking up so much of your time.

Love you all SO much more than you could ever possibly know. I know that I don't know each and every one of you personally, and this probably doesn't seem as heartfelt through a screen, but you guys are the ones that KEEP ME GOING and motivate me. I love each and every one of you for sticking with me throughout all of this.

Love,

Owl~