Chapter 5: Thought Of You

CHAPTER 5: THOUGHT OF YOU

We've been walking around the whole arcade place still holding hands. He eventually stopped in front of a racing game. He looked at me, eyes twinkling.

"Do you want to play that game?" I asked him though it was already plainly obvious.

"Oh. Sure." He smoothed over his hair, trying to act cool. I tried to stifle a giggle. He looked at me, frowning. "What's wrong? Why are you laughing?"

"No I'm not." I pressed my hands against my mouth.

"Then why are you covering your mouth?"

"Lets just play." I smacked his chest and got into one seat.

"Fine then. Prepare to be beaten." He got into his seat and we picked out cars and the track we'd be racing on. He picked the one with many curves.

"You ready?" He asked me.

"Yeah I'm ready. Question is, are you?"

"Hah. I was born ready." He smirked at me and the race began.

I was really focused. He was too. We didn't even talk to each other. He was in the lead and I was right behind him. I think I can still beat him but I wanted to distract him. Just so he doesn't pout when I actually beat him.

"Hey Justin."

"What?"

"Do you know Brit?"

"Brit? From your old town?"

"No. Not Brittany. Brit. The girl who I hung out with during the music video shoot."

"Oh yeah. What about her?"

"Well..." Oh no. A blank's forming in my head. Have to brainstorm. 

"SHE SENT YOU NUDE PICTURES!"  I blurted out.

"What?!" Justin's car swerved around and I managed to get ahead of him and win. 

"Yes! Woohoo!" I jumped out of my seat and jumped around.

"Keira!"

"What?"

"You were too loud!"

"Sorry."

Justin slapped his forehead.

"Hey. You know I was lying right?"

He looked at me, eyes wide. "What?"

"Yeah. That was a lie. I just wanted to win." I twirled my pointer fingers around and around.

"Are you serious?"

Oh no. He sounds mad. 

"Just to win?"

"Um..." I started to worry.

"Keira..." He turned his back on me. Oh no no no no no.

"Justin?" I was about to touch his back when he suddenly burst out laughing. I pouted and crossed my arms. "That wasn't funny."

"Yes. Yes it was." He was holding onto his stomach.

"Justin, I was sincerely worried!"

"About what?" He kept laughing. Out loud. Everyone was looking at us.

---

"You should get a sense of humor. That was funny." I couldn't control my laughter. He reaction was just priceless.