Canada #5

~His Bodyguard~

Requested on Quotev. This is based on an AU in a past part (them having bodyguards and stuff). 

Canada led you and his other bodyguard Mark down the hall towards the world meeting room. Mark walked while munching on fruit snacks Canada had given him earlier; you were doing the same. Mark had commented to you a week or so ago that Canada seemed to favor you over himself and his proof was set on his assumption you were given more snacks than him. You just laughed and said the only reason he thought that was because he liked food more than one should and wanted your snacks.

Canada entered the room silently with Kumajiro in his arms, staring at the utter chaos that was taking place inside. Countries were talking/arguing/fighting with each other while their respective bodyguards stood off to the side. Canada sighed and headed inside to go try and talk to a country, though you weren't sure if he'd have that much luck considering most couldn't see him.

Mark and you took your customary positions at the wall and stood there with stoic expressions as you both watched Canada. He didn't seem to be having much luck with conversation and squeezed Kuma tighter whenever a country completely ignored him.

"Ten bucks says he won't talk to anyone today," Mark whispered in your ear.

"Twenty says someone will mistake him for America," you said, a ghost of a smirk on your lips. You didn't have anything against Canadaーseeing him so utterly ignored by everyone made you sadーbut this was one of the only ways you could get entertainment at these world meetings.

One of France's bodyguardsーJamesーsidled over to you and Mark and sighed loudly. "How long do you think this one's gonna last?"

"No clue but I'd like to get home before the hockey game tonight," Mark replied. America's bodyguard Chris approached your trio with an unamused expression on his face.

"Have any of you seen that blasted American? He keeps hiding from me like it's some sort of game."

"Nah." You shook your head and leaned back against the wall.

"It's fine, I guess." He took the piece of wall next to you to lean against. "He'll get bored eventually." Silence which couldn't be recognized while the rest of the room was in utter turmoil enveloped you four. Your eyes followed the Canadian as he made his way around the room trying to get in the middle of arguments and stop them, but he was overlooked. His spirits were diminishingーyou could even see that from hereーand appeared to want to go home.

"Who're you staring at?" Chris asked quietly, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Canada," you replied in a bored tone.

Mark told James, "She likes him."

"I do not!" You protested. "It's my duty to watch him."

"But that closely?" Chris leaned in close. "You must've been undressing him with your eyes."

"I was not!" You cried, face going completely red as the males around you invaded your personal space with knowing grins on each of their smug faces.

Canada quickly dodged an incoming angry Turkey heading for Greece and hugged Kumajiro tightly to his chest. This was less of a meeting than it was a warzone. He arrived a little late to the meeting but he didn't expect it to fall into disorder so fast.

In an effort to feel a little comfort, his eyes went searching for his bodyguards, specifically (Y/N). But what he found didn't soothe him at all. She was surrounded by men who were too close to her and she was blushing bright red. Wait, was one of them trying to kiss her?!