chapter 1

Eliza's P.O.V.

“Bye mom! Bye dad!” my brother Max and I simultaneously chirped to our awesome parents as we shuffled out the door. It was finally the last day of school and my best friend was waiting for us in her car so we could leave.

“Hello Eliza! How’s my beautiful best friend? ” she sung as I opened the door to her bright red Chevy truck and helped Max climb in.

“Hello Nicki! I’m doing quite well, how’s my gorgeous bestie? ” I said copying her enthusiastic tone.

“I’m perfect.” She said in reply while laughing.

“Ready for your last day of school?” I asked excitedly. I was definitely ready for school to be out. Although school came easy to me, there’s nothing better than having a couple months to yourself to earn some money and have a little fun. Nicki and I were both sophomores and we were excited to be upperclassmen.

“Oh yeah!” she squealed “We’re finally going to be juniors! Only two more years and we are off to college!” she said eagerly as we began our drive to school. Both our windows were down so her long jet black hair was swaying freely in the summer breeze. Our favorite song (playboys of the southwestern world) began to play as she cranked up the radio. While we cruised down the road we both sung along loudly being as obnoxious as possible.

“ugh, do you guys have to sing so loudly?!” my brother complained. He wasn’t particularly fond in our choice of music.

“Yep!” we exclaimed together in the same octave. “If you don’t like it you can ride the bus.” I told him while chuckling, he was only 11 so he couldn’t take himself to school yet and he had an extreme hate for riding the bus.

“You both know I wouldn’t dream of riding the bus.” He responded dryly.

“Then don’t complain little bro!” I told him as I continued to giggle and ruffle his hair with my hand. Maxie had to be the cutes t boy ever, he was adorable. He had dark curly hair from our mom and bright blue eyes from our grandma on our dad’s side while I had light brown hair and green eyes like our dads.

We finally pulled into Max’s middle school and said our goodbyes then continued our journey to the high school which was only a couple minutes further. When we arrived we were greeted by a group of our fellow cheerleaders and Nicki’s boyfriend until the first bell rang signaling us that we only had five more minutes to get to class. I dropped my backpack off at my locker and grabbed everything I needed for A block. I didn’t need much because I was just finishing a test from yesterday and then we were going to try out our solar ovens if we had time. When I arrived to class I picked up my test from the basket and began to work on it. The test was easy, it mostly asked about renewable resources that I had good notes on and we were allowed to use our notes. Mr. Slone walked in and joked with the class for a minute while I worked then he went into his back room and came back with a box full of ice cream sandwiches. Mr. Slone had to be the best teacher ever; I was going to miss his class. After he passed out the ice cream, I sat quietly and ate it while I wrote. When I finally finished I turned it in and headed for the back of the room to where half the class was messing with their solar ovens. I found mine and set it up as we were supposed to with the thermometer and waited with a group of friends I had in the class for it to heat up. I felt someone rest their head on my shoulder and looked to see Kyle with his eyes closed there.

“Hey Kyle, can I help you?” I asked while laughing.

He opened his eyes revealing a blue even brighter than my brother’s and chuckled “Nope I’m okay.”  He responded simply.  We both laughed and he got his head up off my shoulder and gave me a hug. Kyle has been my friend since the 8th grade. We didn’t talk much when we were freshman but his mom moved in with my neighbor this year so we started talking again whenever we rode the bus together or car pulled.

When A block was over Kyle walked me to my locker and gave me a hug goodbye and told me “I love you so much Eliza.” He’s told me that a couple times but I don’t think I could get used to a guy telling me he loved me. Especially if we weren’t dating. After I broke free from the hug and greeted my locker neighbor who was one of my best friends I headed off to B block. The rest of the day went quickly considering I didn’t have anything to do in my classes and I ditched half of them. When school was over I hugged my friends goodbye and started towards Nicki’s truck. When I got there I found her and her boyfriend kissing each other farewell. I climbed on up to the passenger’s side and rolled down my window. When she got into the car we started playing the country music and sang along until we got to my brothers school. We said our hello’s to him then started the music again and drove home. When we were home, I grabbed a snack and checked my computer then got in shorts and a tank top and started my run I did daily. I plugged my head phones into one of my ears so I could still hear cars and began jogging down the road. About half way through I saw someone behind me. At first I didn’t think anything of it but he started running after me. I ran as fast as I could desperately trying to get away but it was no use, he was a lot faster than me. He caught up to me and put one hand on my mouth and the other around my waist and picked me up easily.

He whispered in my ear “your sexy, I could have some fun with you.” I immediately felt sick to my stomach. What kind of fun is he talking about?! I was so young, this wasn’t fair. Why me? After I got out of my shock I kicked and scratched and fought as hard as I could but he had a good grip on me and he was too strong. He once again spoke and told me “you’re a feisty one aren’t you? I like that. It feels good to have a challenge.” I was terrified, he looked like he was in his fifties, and he was about six foot three inches tall while I was only five feet tall. I was hopeless against him. He threw me in the trunk of a car and locked it. After a second I felt the car start to move and I was thrown against the side of the trunk. I was claustrophobic in his trunk and my side now hurt from the impact of him slamming his breaks. I was freaking out being trapped in the small space I was kicking as hard as I could even though I knew I was just wasting my time and energy but I couldn’t help it, I hated small spaces. When the car came to a stop I was once again thrashed into the side hitting my arm in the same spot as before. I winced in pain as he opened the trunk. I couldn’t decide if I was relieved or terrified that he decided to open it and pull me out. As he clutched me to his chest and dragged me roughly inside his dirty old house he once again told me something. He said “You know you don’t have a chance against me baby girl, why don’t you just make this easy on yourself and quit your fighting?” I thought through what he said but decided that I wouldn’t give up, I would keep fighting for my life. He kicked my leg and shouted “Stop it damn it!” my leg ached with pain and I immediately stopped my efforts to get away in hopes he wouldn’t hurt me again. He threw me into a room and locked the door behind him. When I looked around the room I saw 5 other kids. One was only about 8, he was a tiny boy with blonde hair and green eyes with a sad expression on his face. Next was another boy who looked to be only 6 he was an African American boy with short hair. The next of the six was a girl who was about 14, she had strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes with a speck of brown in one of them.  The next one there was yet another boy with black hair and green eyes. And finally the one that caught my attention the most was a boy who looked about my age maybe a year older with blonde hair and piercing brown eyes. He was about 5 foot 9 inches tall and he wore a surprised yet petrified look on his face. He was speechless while he looked at me and I felt the same about him. One thing they all had in common was the look of horror in their eyes.

Theres my first chapter! i hope you like it, its exiting writing stories on here! im going to get an update in by tomorrow