Wounded

Disclaimer: I own nothing...except my OCs....as always

"That's gotta be a useful skill " Miko beamed. "I can play music on the guitar just by listening to it once....Mostly Slash Monkey" She giggled for a moment before pausing, a blank expression on the girl's face, her slender body trembling softly.

"I uh... heh... never heard of them... I'm not a heavy-metal... muc." Crystal admitted, shrugging.

Miko just nodded....chewing heavily at her lower lip. Bulkhead scooped up his charge and held her to his chestplates. "It's OK Miko,you're safe. I'm here, that's my girl....Easy." He cooed. Miko had curled into his servo, nuzzling against his spark as deep gaping sobs wracked her body. Bulk could only hold her and murmur comforts until finally she settled down again slowly. "Sorry.." Mikol mumbled, sniffling with her head hung in shame. Bulk stroked her cheek with his thumb. "Nuttin' to be sorry for you know it. That's my girl."

Crystal didn't know how to react. "I... uh... uhm... I'm sorry?"

Bulkhead spoke,still holding Miko in his servo. "It's not you. Miko and I were supposed to attend a Slash Monkey concert....Before.....Vince..... " he stammered and decided to calm his glossa, he didn't want to risk upsetting Miko again.

"Oh..." Crystal trailed off. Somehow, their conversations kept directing back towards the boy she had a love-hate relationship with. "I uh..." She didn't know what to say or do. She didn't want Miko to suffer.

"S' not your fault Crystal." Miko murmured from the safety of her guardian. "You didn't know...."

As if by some miracle, Crystal's watch beeped. "Oh geez look at the time! I have to get going... I'm supposed to be helping with some stuff back home..."

Miko stiffened, maybe it was the residual panic attack, but Miko couldn't shake the bad feeling he had. Motioning Bulkhead lower she whispered something into his audios. The large green, bot nodded, before finally setting the girl down gently. "OK Crystal , stay safe! Want Bulk to give you a lift back? it's kinda far."

"Thanks..." Crystal smiled. "I do need a ride back into town."

Bulk transformed into his Vehicle mode, a door swinging over to allow Crystal's entrance. "Don't worry, Miko. I'll take care of her." He meant for the words to sound natural, and for the most part, they did.

She climbed in and sat down, buckling in and relaxing a little. Although it did feel weird to be sitting in a talking robot.

"Lot for you to handle today,Huh?" Bulkhead mused, driving towards Jasper. "Talking Robots, Miko.........Vince." He practically spat that last word.

".... Vince is something I can handle." She said for possibly the twentieth time that day.

"Don't doubt you can, doesn't mean you should have to though. Miko's a tough girl too, and look at her. She sure tries hard though." Bulkhead ex-vented wistfully

.

"I... Well..." She stopped as they drove towards a garage spliced with a house. "That's it!" She pointed at it.

"There ya go" He opened he door for her and watched her exit. "Be safe Crystal Here if you need me." Once she was safely out he began to drive off.

Crystal watched him go, and with a soft smile turned and walked towards the house. Maybe... Life wouldn't be so bad after all.

***

Crystal Jenkins fiddled underneath the hood of the jeep her foster dad had assigned her to. He was on the other side of the house, working on another car. She liked it here. They had made her feel like part of the family, part of the business. So far he was teaching her basic car maintenance. How to change the oil on a car and check the tire pressure, but she felt useful.