Chapter 4

Hey everybody! Here's Chapter 4 of the Suicide Games! Hope you all love it!

*Just to be forwarned, there's a lot of insulting language in here* Other than that, enjoy!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

September

Eighth grade

                “Oh my gosh! I can’t believe you’re going to my school. You’re gonna love it. I swear!” Addison chirped, grabbing on to my shoulder as we walked to school in our matching Vera Bradley floral flip flops. The sun shined down on our tan brown skin and a few birds chirped overhead, giving us the feel of a perfect first day.

                I laughed, her eagerness catching on to me. “I know, right? I can’t wait to meet your other friends.”

                She nodded, smiling broadly. “You’ll love them. Especially Scarlett! She’s like the nicest person ever.” I nodded, kicking up rocks as they jumped in our way.

                “There’s Springfield!” I cupped my hand around my eyes, shielding them from the sun, taking in a huge brick building as we came down a hill. As we got closer, I squinted, drawing up my features in confusion.

                “What?”

                We trotted down a sidewalk and I reached out my left hand, pointing it to a nearby red flag with a walrus on it.  “Is that our school mascot?” She giggled at my wary expression. The tour guide that had showed me around the school hadn’t done a good job at all talking about the school.

                “Yeah.  We get a lot of crap from other schools about it.” I smiled sympathetically as we made our way into the school. An upperclassman held the door open, nodding appreciatively as we went by.

                “Oh my god!” Addison squealed once we were walking down the hall to our lockers. “He totally checked you out.”

                “Are you kidding? He was looking at you.” It was true. Addison was just to humble to recognize that.

                “Nah.” She dismissed, tucking a piece of her dyed purple locks behind her ear. I rolled my eyes and reached inside my brand new Coach backpack (a pity gift from my parents for moving) to take out a tube of lip gloss and dab it on my lips. A yell came from behind us and I whipped around my shoulder length blonde hair to see Addison squealing with two other girls.

                “Scar!” She shrieked, pulling her close for a hug. “You look amazing! How was your summer?”

                Scarlett was a short, curvy red head with gorgeous chestnut eyes and a small button nose. “Aww thanks! You too Addy. The Caribbean was beautiful.”

                “That’s good.” Addison smiled and then turned to her other friend. “Carly, I’ve missed you so much! How’ve you been?”

                Carly smiled, her full lips jutting out and flipped her dirty blonde hair behind her shoulder. She squeezed Addison in a bear hug. “Great. But I’m never picking up a tennis racket ever again.”

                Scarlett exchanged a knowing glance with Addison. “What was his name this time?” She asked, her pink lips drawn up in a smirk.

                Carly looked down at her nails, picking at the cuticle until mumbling. “Dagmar.”

                I vaguely heard Scarlett mutter, “The fuck?” Yeah she’s nice.