The Wheel

This was completly random, time to finish 25 minutes.  Enjoy? I think.  Vote?

If one looks into the wheel for too long their eyes get drawn to the center, it’s there right in the middle where the white and red mesh into a color indescribable by all that the darkness comes from.  It’s that nearly microscopic point that children are mesmerized by and adults turn from.  No matter the time of day, the year, the century the wheel turns.  It never speeds up and certainly never slows down.  It’s always that exact same pace and only the eyes can trick one otherwise.  It’s been turning for as long as humanity can remember and will keep turning until the last spark of life dies out a billion years from now. 

In the center of the wheel is creation.  It’s life and death, fortune and fame, misery and misfortune.  From there everything and nothing sprouts and from there no one person shall ever look too long lest be corrupt by the future, present and past all meshed into one chaotic blur.  But every once in a while someone does go against everything taught by reason, every once in a while a brave soul challenges the wheel and stares into its dark deposition.  This always ends in catastrophe.  Madness is the best of the reactions, self-detrition, erratic behavior, loss of hope some of the not so great, and if the watcher is really twisted the near destruction of the human race can occur. 

Sitting at the helm of the wheel is always a Jester.  The ultimate trickster meant to trick those who have no interest into looking at the center and those that do to look away.  Some say he’s an ultimate being, others say he’s merely a man in an outfit playing the part God set him on the Earth to do.  The Jester may be an unlimited creature or a man with a day job that changes shifts when the clock hits eight hours, but in the end the deposition of the Jester is a minor conflict in the grand scheme.

The larger question would be why does the wheel of time even exist?  How does it exist and who created it?  Why was it created and what purpose does it have to have a guard that neither guards nor protects?  Is this a cruel joke, or a meaningless action?  Is it meant for the good of humanity, to help it grow strong in misfortune, or is it designed purely to cause chaos? 

The Jester will prance around his spinning wheel taunting, teasing, laughing and crying within his black tent.  This tent is the only black tent in the Circus of Light, the central attraction in the brightness and joy.  It seems to be a symbol, a message everyone appears to miss.  Right in the center of the light it is the darkest point.  Even the brightest places have their evils and that evil is a public display no one is meant to see… yet everyone does.  Sure people pretend it’s not there and look the other way, but none-the-less it remains, always omnipotent. 

Why don’t you enter my tent, take a gander, and see what you always wanted to see?  Why don’t you take a peak, just for me, just for all of us and see who you will become.  What will your impact be and how will it affect humanity? We’re waiting…