Chapter 4-

A/N- sorry yep this is super short...

just haven't been writing much recently! thanks anyways :) enjoy!

This song is so catchy...kinda goes with the story ;)

check it out his voice is pretty amazing plus i'll be seeing him next weekend!!

at T4 cant wait :D (tyler james from the voice- why do i do) >>>

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Inspired2Inspire <3

Chapter 4-

Lauren’s POV-

Oh. My. Gosh!

My thoughts were racing through my head, why is he here? What is he doing here? Of all the places we could have unfortunately bumped into each other why here?! And why was he acting like we never met before? Was he embarrassed to know me?

I sure would be…

But before I could even begin to ask the questions that bombarded my head, a gasp escaped both his and my lips as the steaming coffee I held out to him was slightly tipped in his direction and started to dribble down the front of his neat business suit! Oh, no! This definitely was not good, I mean after everything, I have to not only face work, but him at work as well! As I came to my senses and realised I was accidently tipping the coffee on him, I jumped back slightly.

Totally shocked by my actions, the whole cup of coffee flew out of my hand and dropped to the floor, spilling the whole contents onto his shoes as well. I started babbling apologies his way.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry... So sorry! What have I done, I ruined your suit, oh and the carpet look at the carpet! Mr. Connors I'm so sorry!" I kept babbling and dropped down onto my knees, to mop up the hideous mess. He just crouched down to meet my eyes, placed a finger under my chin and pulled my face up forcing me to look up into his gorgeous aqua eyes.

"Do we always have to meet and make messes...?" He smiled sweetly.

Breccan’s POV-

I couldn't stop smiling. I'm so glad we met again! I could see the confusion on her face, and the obvious embarrassment in her eyes as her cheeks started to flush a bright red.

It was actually quite adorable. She couldn't quite meet my eyes, and she dropped her chin, as if being told off. As we were mopping up the coffee on the carpet, our hands met, it felt like an electrical current passed through us.

"Breccan let Lauren clean it up, after all that’s her kind of job." I cleared my throat and rose slowly. I watched her carefully as she cleaned it up and then went to go get me another coffee, I told her it wasn't necessary but she went to get one anyway. Probably so she could get away from me. She’s probably embarrassed, but she really shouldn’t be.

Lauren POV-

I half walked, half ran out of the office as I went to get his new coffee.

I had to calm down.

I HAD to calm down!

What was he doing here?!

Oh god it's so awkward!

Okay.

Deep breaths.

Okay, when I go back in there I will be calm and collected. I’ll walk in with my head held high and try to keep some of my dignity, which recently seemed to have jumped out the window…

I walked back, still shaking, coffee in hand, making sure that I wouldn’t spill it.

I walked slowly into the office and handed Breccan his coffee.

"Lauren!" I literally jumped half a foot in the air as my boss's booming voice came at me. "You never told me why you weren’t here yesterday" He asked with raised brows.

"I um, I was, um flu, I, I, had the flu. I was ill. Yeah that’s it, I was ill." I stuttered.

"Ok well I hope your better, please inform me next time. Also hurry and show Breccan to his office!"

"Yes Mr Conner’s, right away. Right this way Mr... Other Conner’s?"

Honestly did I just say Mr other Conner’s? Oh dear, this day really isn't going well.

"Thank you Lauren" Breccan said flashing a dazzling smile my way, it almost made my legs buckle, I’m pretty sure any other girl would feel that way too!

I led him down the hall towards the elevator, carefully and slowly, it wouldn’t do to fall over in front of him because of my damn heels.

"You know, you really shouldn’t lie. Lying is bad, didn’t your mummy ever teach you that?" his voice rang humorously, it made me feel nice and warm.

"I didn't lie!" My voice retorted in defence, it came out barley louder than a whisper though.

"Really? You didn't seem very... Hmm… Flu-ish yesterday" Breccan joked. There was a hint of cheekiness to his voice, almost like he was mocking me

"I don't know what you’re talking about" I replied formally. That shut him up. I pressed the elevator button and waited awkwardly. I could see Breccan trying to gain eye contact with me, but I kept my head down and let my hair drape in front of my face.

There was a ding and the doors slid open. I hoped inside without delay and pressed the button marked "8" Great. From the top floor, this would take forever to go down.

This is going to be a

Long

Awkward

Trip.