Meeting Again

(June)

(Michael's POV)

I furiously rang the doorbell, a few beads of sweat forming on my forehead.

"Hello?" Jeremy greeted as he opened the door.

"Jer!!" I yelled, throwing myself onto him and squeezing him tightly. He pushed me away.

"What the fuck do you want?" he asked. His voice was angry, yet shaky. As if he was trying to be intimidating while also trying not to cry.

"I-Is something wrong?"

"Yes, Michael! Where have you been?" he yelled at me.

"I, uh..." I shook it off and changed the subject. "Have you opened the letter yet?"

His expression shifted away from anger. "I forgot about that..."

"It has been, like, half a year," I said with a small laugh, scratching the back of my head.

"Can I open it now?"

"Yeah! Actually, um, can you go get it and come with me?"

His eyes narrowed as he became suspicious. "Why?"

"You'll see," I told him with a smile.

His face kept its suspicion as he turned away and ran up the stairs. I waited patiently for his return, humming softly.

"Where are we going?" Jeremy asked in my Cruiser as we drove off.

"Open it."

I heard the sound of paper being ripped as the letter was torn apart. Whatever reaction he had, it was silent.

We both sat there, quiet, as I continued to drive. I looked over and saw him scanning over the slip of paper.

"Is this where you're taking me?" he finally asked, breaking our silence. His voice had little emotion.

"Yes," I replied simply.

"Why?" He sounded a bit more frustrated this time.

"Just trust me, please."

"Why should I?" I glanced over at him at a red light. "I haven't seen you outside of school in weeks! Now you expect to just gain back my trust like that?"

"Please, I've worked so hard for this," I begged.

"For what? One lousy ticket to a show I've never even heard of? I bet this cost you five bucks!"

"Jeremy!" I yelled, finally losing it. "The seats are good, the show is new, the score is great, and I swear you'll like it. Just let me do this for you!"

He sighed. "Fine. But I'm expecting a long apology."

"I'm sorry," I said, pulling into a parking space.

"That's all?" he asked, crossing his arms after he got out of the car.

I slammed the door behind me and briskly started to walk off. "Goodbye."

"Where are you going? Aren't we sitting next to each other?"

"I said goodbye." I picked up my pace and slipped inside the building without a glance behind me.