January 26, 2018

Dear Belinda,

This Friday felt great. Over the last few months, I felt the need to go home and just stress over you; just wonder how you were holding up with your secret.

Now, I could go home and just relax. I was surprised when you waited up for me after school, though.

Our walk-and-talk started off normal enough: a simple "hey" and "hi". Nonetheless, you immediately made it known that wasn't the only thing you wanted to talk about.

"I fucked up," were the three simple words that made me give you my full attention.

When you went on to explain to me that Joey and the party were mistakes, I didn't disagree. Joey was your mistake: he was an asshole that I mistook as the Prince Charming you deserved. What happened at the party was mine: I shouldn't have even entertained that situation. You were drunk and I was taking advantage of you.

And I told you that.

You gave me a small smile, telling me I was sweet as you took my hand in yours.

"I just want to start over."

I shook my head because I felt like I was thinking the wrong way; like I was fooling my lovestruck self into believing that you wanted the same thing that I did.

It seemed like a confirmation when you intertwined our fingers and gave me a small peck on the lips. I couldn't help it, but my smile grew to reach ear-to-ear at that moment. The titter you let out when you looked at me made me realize I looked like a ninny; I didn't care, though.

You told me you'd talk to me later and walked off. I watched as you rounded a corner before making a sound akin to a tea kettle that was done boiling its contents. Never would I ever have expected someone as great as you to feel something for someone like me.

It's a dream come true.

Love,

Delilah

Aaaand that's all folks! Not gonna lie, this ending feels very abrupt so I might add more when I edit over the summer or I might have an epilogue, but don't get too excited for the latter.
Thank you so much! I never expected this book to get over 600 reads and over 100 votes. It may not be a lot to others but it's definitely a lot to me. Anyway, remember to vote if you liked this letter and remember that your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

--TG123