Chapter 3: The Rating Game

It's been a year since I became Zechs knight, and he hasn't replaced any of the pieces I had killed after that incident. Walking up to an abandoned warehouse in Detroit Michigan, there was a stray inside that was responsible for the deaths of many innocent humans.

Walking inside she was feasting on the corpses of humans.

"Now that's just disgusting," I told her taking my sword out.

"Who the Hell are you?!" she asked me.

"For killing your master, and these humans, I sentence you to death," I told her before I attacked.

As she lounged at me, I used my demonic arm to catch her by the throat, slam her onto the ground, and sliced her head off easily.

"May you find the freedom you sought in death," I told her corpse before returning to SirZechs. "It's done," I told him.

"Excellent! Whatever doubts I had about you, they're definitely gone now. Go ahead and take the rest of the day off," he told me.

"Thank you, but I have a question," I told him.

"Yeah? What's up?" he asked me causally.

"Will you ever replace the pieces you lost?" I asked him.

"Possibly, but I think you, Lana, Marcus, and Grayfia do our peerage justice enough, and since we don't participate in rating games it never really crossed my mind to replace the pieces I lost," he explained.

"Fair enough. I shall take my leave," I added.

"There's no need to be so formal, Apollyon. I didn't make you my knight just to be a weapon against rogue devils, live life," he told me.

"SirZechs, your sister and her peerage are here," Grayfia told him.

"I thought you were an only child?" I asked him.

"No I have a younger sister. Come on, you'll like her," he told me.

"Okay," I told him trying to be casual.

Making our way into the living room, one of her pieces was being a total...well he wasn't with us mentally. Sitting next to Grayfia, and across from his sister's peerage, there was a bit of an awkward silence.

"Hey big brother, been awhile hasn't it?" she asked him.

"Yes it has Rias, I heard you are going to be in a rating game against Riser Phoenix," he told his sister.

Riser?! No that can't be, he's dead! I killed him myself in the middle of the night. How is he still alive?!

"Your servant seems shocked, brother," she told him.

"Don't call me, 'servant'!" I exclaimed unsheathing my sword.

"Take it easy there Apollyon, she's not calling you what you were," SirZechs said holding my back.

"He's definitely a fiesty one," a black haired girl remarked. "I like it," she added acting weird.

"Woah his arm is like a cross between a humans, and a dragons," the guy who just looking around the room remarked.

"Yes it's a very interesting sacred gear," Grayfia told them.

"Well I'll let you guys continue your conversation, I'm gonna go to the training room," I informed SirZechs.

"Not just yet, Apollyon," he told me. "I want you to train them. Battle is definitely your forte," he told me.

"Of course, when do we begin" I asked him.