Unbroken; three -You're My Only Shorty

Nemi

•••••••••

Nick and I laughed at Miley as she ran over to that guy.

"who is he anyway?" I ask Nick, standing in front of him gripping the strap of my shoulder bag.

Nick looked me up and down quickly, making me blush.

"Joe is my cousin, he thinks he is good at everything and better than everybody. You better tell Miley to watch out, he'll play her quicker than a game of tic-tac-toe."Nick warns me.

I looked disgusted over at Joe and Miley. Joe was twirling her hair around as she blushed down at her feet.

"I'll keep that in mind Nick " I tell him still watching as Joe smoothly cooed Miley in.

"c'mon and meet some of the guys." Nick says grabbing the strap of my bag and pulled me closer to him.

"do you wanna meet them?" he ask as I place my hand on his biceps.

I shrug shoulders.

"I don't care, but what are you gonna say, I mean what are we?" I finally ask him.

I'm going to admit, Nick is the only guy I've been looking at. Even though we've kissed, on the first night we meet each-other, we're still not in a solid relationship. Hoping to start a relationship with him, if not today then next week or something. Not to sound so desperate, but I'm tired of just being his 'friend'. Nick treats me with respect and kindness, just imagine him as my boyfriend.

"you're my shorty, that's all they'll need to know," he says then lead me over to a group of guys huddled at the trunk of a red Saturn.

"what's-up?" Nick says to them, gathering their attention.

They all focused on me and some nod their head in that guy way of saying hello. I just smiled back and grabbed the back of Nick's shirt. The way they looked at me made me uncomfortable.

"this is Demi," Nick says wrapping his arm around my waist protectively. It was like he was telling them 'she my candy, go get your own'. It made me blush and my stomach jitter with butterflies.

"oh, cool I'm Tyler, Nick's bestfriend" Another brown eyes boy say to me.

"mmhmm" I hum and smile slightly back at him.

•••

After he decided he wanted me alone we sat on the hood of his car. We started talking about random stuff and joked around.

"so there's not one boy at your school that you like?" he asks me.

"nope" I say popping the 'p' and swinging my legs back and forth.

"are you sure?" he asks.

"well.."

"well what?" he fires back playfully.

"well I do like this guy, BUT he doesn't go to my school and might be a bit of a player, ya know?" I say looking at him from the corner of my eyes and leaning back on his car.

"no, I don't know, fill me in on this kid" He tells me, jokes aside now.

I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or was he really serious, but I decided to play with him more.

"for starters he calls me 'shorty' and I start to think he forgets my name because theres too many other girls. Then again I love when he calls me shorty" I tell him quickly as disapointment plays in his features.

His mouth form a tight line before he decides to answer me.

"shorty could be his special way of calling you his baby or boo, but he doesn't want to seem like he's moving too fast" he replies quietly.

"he probably don't want to scare you off because he really is digging you, ya know?" He mimicks me.

"how will I know then, he doesn't tell me I'm his only shorty"I say raising my eyebrow up at him.

Nick sighs and lays back next to me.

"well you'll just have to let him know you're not with his games then" He says while glancing over at me. I peer over back at him, confused, flattered, and in 'awe' all at the same time.

"so am I your only shorty, Nick?" I whisper staring into his glistening golden orbs.

He began to smile at me and grab my hand, lacing his fingers through mine. My heart started to race in my chest, trying it's hardest to beat the speed of a cheetah.

"you're my only shorty, Demi" he told me.

"I'm your what?" I pretend to not hear him, only teasing him of course while I leaned closer to his lips.

"don't play with me" he chuckles softly placing his other hand on my cheek while resting his lips on mine.

As corny as this may sound, but I totally felt tingles from my toes up to my heart while my lips danced with his. Pulling away slowly after a minute of kissing he begins to whisper words against my lips. My mind was cloudy so it took me a minute to comprehend what he was doing.

"uh?" I say breathlessly.

"will you be my girl?" He ask, I'm guessing for the second time. I nod my head, kissing him again.

••••••