Epilogue

It's been four years since I lost my voice, and after highschool, Zane, Reesa, and I went our separate ways. Zane applied for Harvard, and got in. Reesa decided to take her college classes online, and me? Well, I just decided to go to a state college in Colorado. At least I can have a degree, right?

I finally published Stuck on Mute last summer, and to my surprise, the short story became a hit. I was rather pleased with myself once I found out. Darian was disappointed when I opted out of going to his college, but I told him he would be too over protective of me if I went there. He conceded and let me go where I wanted. Yet another surprise.

Over the years, I found out Zane had majored in writing, Reesa....well, I actually don't know what Reesa's doing, but I have seen her on magazine covers. It's really nice that my two friends are doing what they want.

I'm also majoring in writing, since that's the best thing I do now. I still get sick and depressed when I hear my songs, or think about singing, but I decided that the old Adisa is a relic of the past. For now, I should just focus on what brings me happiness in the here and now.

My mom and dad send me letters everyday. It's the usual, 'How re you doing sweetie,' or 'Honey, your father got a good sale today! Darian says he loves you as well.' As you can see, they still baby me, but I'm glad they do. I don't feel like the reject I thought I would be.

My roommate, Scarlett keeps pressuring me about staying up late all the time, but I just wave away her words, and write that my classes don't start till late anyway, so it was fine. She still frowns about it, but she's actually a nice person.

I stop typing, and think for a second. What to write next? My thoughts swim around, and I sigh, and pull out some paper and a pen. Darian had always said that the best way to write is with a pen. Right now, I believe him, though my computer has been really friendly to me.

"Adisa, you should really sleep." Scarlett groans. I smile at her, making a silent laugh.

I shift my position in my chair, and write for the last time tonight.

My life's been fun. And signing out for the last time for a while,

-Adisa