Chapter Nine - Investigation

Somebody suddenly wrapped their arms around me, another pair of arms were added then another and another. It was Luke, Jai, Skip and James. "we missed you..." James whispered. Tear started to flow down my face. 

"I brought snacks!!" Skip said as they all pulled away and he hold up a basket full of snacks. I giggled. "so, where did you kidnapped her this time?" Skip joked whilst he pulled out a blanket out off the basket he brought. Beau hesitated, no joy spluttered his face but frustration. I sighed. There was a pause, everyone was staring at Beau

"in the middle of the road..." Beau finally said. The boys thought I was just crossing the road so they continued on what they were doing. "she has been receiving messages from a stranger. Well, they started as messages then they started sending her photos then death threats..." he added. The boys turned their head to me, concerned filled their beautiful faces. I chuckled to get over the awkwardness. 

"Destinee..." Jai finally broke the silence. "What death threats? What photos?" he asked, his was filled nothing but concerned. I sighed and looked down. I did it again. I made people worried over me again. 

"It was nothing..." I mumbled. Lukes hand suddenly met my back for support. I looked up to see his sympathetic smile. I got up from the swing and joined Skip, James and Jai on the picnic blanket they laid out. "Well... It started when I was ment to help you guys film. It was out of blue the text just read 'You think you're going to get away from what you did? Think not. Revenge is just around the corner. Watch out.'..." I went on from there. I told them everything, every single tiny little details of it. The only thing I missed out was my suicide attempts. 

"Destinee, look at me..." Skip asked as he put his hands on my shoulders. "Look at me in the eye and tell me how many times have you really tried to kill yourself..." he said calmly and quietly... My eyes started to get watery. I was caught by surprise. How did he know that wasn't the first time I did it? How? "Listen, Destinee. I want to make sure the rumours going around school isn't true. Please tell me, tell me it's a lie. Tell me you didn't hang yourself. Please..." he begged. I wanted to say no but the boys could see through me. They know me inside and out. They know whenever I lie or not.

Ashamed, I shook my head lightly... "I can't.." I crooked. His eyes dropped onto the ground. James put his arms around me as I rested my head on his chest, sobbing... 'shush...' James whispered as he rubbed my back... When I finally looked up misery was what I could see on their faces. Beau buried his face in his hands. Jai still shocked staring blankly in a space. Luke did the same as he played with his lip ring. Skip holding his temples. James, well he was the only one who was comforting me... "I'm sorry." I finally said. 

"No, no, no... We should've been there for you.." Luke said as he sat on my other side. "We should've known something was really wrong... Do not blame yourself for this." he said as he took me in for a hug. My tears streaming down like a waterfall. 

"Whoever is doing this to you, will pay..." Skip finally spoke. 

"We will report this to the police and we have to report it to the headteacher." Jai added. "We're going to get this bastard." as he took James' place and took me in for another hug. "We're always here a'right?" he whispered. I nod. 

 Beau didn't spoke the rest of it. I walked towards him, tapped his shoulder. He seemed to be missing something. "Beau.." I crooked. He looked up. He grabbed me, I sat on his lap whilst his arms around me. 

"We will find out who this is... They will get revenge." He finally said, he let out a stressful sighed. "Im just confused you didn't tell us the first time you received it.." he said. 

"I was scared they might start to turn on you guys. I wanted to keep it to myself so no one else would get hurt..." I replied

 "That isn't the case, the messages got worst and worst, you must've told someone... Does Jordan know about any of this?" 

"No... He doesn't know any ot this and he doesn't have to know. I told mum not to tell him or he'll get worried." Mum was against my decision on to staying here on my own, but I promised her I'm going to be okay. She tried to get it out of me. She wanted to know why I did it. Of course a lie was made up. It was convincing or at least that's what I thought... 

"Destinee, tell me the truth. How many times did you really tried to do it?" he finally asked after a long hesitation from his voice. 

"The third time was when you caught me.." I mumbled. He grunted and rested his forehead against my back. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying again. The boys crowded around me and gave me a group hug. 

-----

I arrived at school, everyone in the corridors seemed to be looking at me. I guess it got out huh... I walked to homeroom, confused on what's going on. The next thing I knew was Heather's face in front of me. Still has her usual smirked on. "What do you want?" I sighed. 

"I heard it's true" her squeaky voice spoke. I rolled my eyes. 

"What is?" I asked confused.

"Why don't you check your locker..." she said. I glance around to see everyone circled around us. I sighed to the fact that everyone is expecting another show. The one like when I punched Heather in the face. "Scared? I guess your little girlfriends isn't here to defend you" she pouted. My hand formed into a fist. 

"Heather, move out the way." I finally recovered to say a word. 

"Just tell us..." she said glancing around us with the stupid smirk spread across her face. "Did you really got hooked up with drugs and decided to kill yourself?" she looked at me straight in the eyes. I just wanted to rip her face off. "C'mmon give us a show here Destinee... We're all waiting." 

I groaned and walked away. I have nothing else to say. I did the drugs once, it was a mistake to even try it. I didn't even liked it. I did it once, Enzo encouraged me to do it. Yes. Enzo Adams, the guy I  became friends with in detention. It was our first time to try it, in some kind of club. Enzo and I both agreed we're going to try something badass that night after the Friday after school detention and we did. We went to a club underage. Somebody sold us cocaine. It was the most exiciting thing I've done. Enzo tried it straight away, I was still hesitating but he convinced me. It was one night, I didn't regret doing it because that was the first time in my life that I felt alive again. 

I met the boys during break and we decided to go in town for lunch. It was fun, we met up with Beau. He updated us about his report to the police about the messages. I thought he was just joking but after lunch I got called to the head master's office. They interviewed me about everything... Soon, people have been called in and interviewed. It was like a crime scene. They asked me who would have a motive to do this and there was only one name that popped out of my head. Heather Young