Chapter Seven - Rant

It was Friday, I groaned at the thought of the after school detention. I've had too much on my plate this week. The text messages haven't stopped since Monday. I would receive one every minute of everyday. It bothered me at first but now, not so much. I guess whoever was sending those messages was just trying to scare me... The next day after I received the first message I got an idea on who has a motive to do it, there was no doubt on who it was, I knew it was Heather. Everytime I walk pass her in the corridors she would tend to humiliate me in front of everyone, I didn't mind, after all I did gave her a black eye and she got a massive concussion after her fall on the floor, so I guess I deserved it. Alysse, Skye, Baylene and Sarah would often stood up for me, but I'd often tell them off for fighting my own game. 

Since the text messages I kept my distance from the boys. I didn't want them to know about it. They still pick me up every morning and drop me off after school, but I often sit far away from Luke in homeroom, don't walk with any of them during lesson change. I still hang around with them during break but I'd stay in the library during lunch. My excuse would always be 'I have a homework to do...' It's a pretty bad excuse but it's something they let me do on my own. Although Jai would always look at me as if he knows I'm keeping something from them and he's going to find out about it soon, so I'd always avoid eye contact from him or Luke or James or Skip or Beau. Mum has been really busy at work so she's often home late or goes home in the morning. Jordan, well, we had been talking through skype everyday. I always tell Jordan everything, once my tongue almost slid off about the text messages I've being receiving. That is the one thing, I've never ever want to share with anyone... 

'Buzz, Buzz, Buzz' my phone vibrated on my bed sheets. That must be Jai. I thought. I fetched my phone from my bed and see it was a text message. 'still getting dressed?' and a file was attached to it... I gulped before opening it, then I pressed the open button. My jaw dropped. It was a photo. A photo of my house. It wasn't just that... I could see myself in the corner, in the right window which is my bedroom. I stood up and ran to my window, I didn't bothered looking, I closed my curtains right away. My phone buzzed again. 'glad you like it.' my heart started racing. Who is this person!? A knock on the door made me jump and clutch my heart. I went downstairs... I wasn't sure if I'd open it or not. Before I could, I peeked through the window next to the door. It was James and Skip. I sighed . Relieved filled my face.

We walked to school together. Apparently Luke and Jai were going to be late today, that's why they send James and Skip to pick me up. It was a relieved not to have the twins. Everytime I'm with them I just want to burst out crying into their arms. Pathetic but If you haven't noticed yet they're closest  to me out of all the five boys... The only difference was, they're in the same year as me, they're the first ones to be there whenever I am in need of help. If my world would be like Harry Potter. Jai and Luke would be my Ron and Harry. We're the golden trio of Penola Catholic Highschool as Beau, James and Skip describe us.

James, Skip and I reached the school. I went to my homeroom without a word to say to them but see you later. I sat on my usual sit in homeroom. Mrs. Lewis blabbering the same stuff everyday. such as "The feild is out of bounce for today!" "The quiet room is still in S5" "One way system through the french corridor! I do not want to see a stampede every change of lessons!". I sighed at her usual lectures. My phone buzzed, I checked to see what has this mysterious hater have sent this time... 'enjoyed your walked with Daniel and James?' another file was attached to it. I assumed it was another photo and it was. I was shocked when I saw it. I knew it's going to be a photo of us walking but I didn't expect it that close. It looked like as if they we're just walking beside us. We're they? Who else was walking with us this morning? I would've known if I was paying attention... I turned off my phone to keep my mind off those messages and photos. This is getting too far now... 

It wasn't long when the bell rang. Media went fast then usual. Double Maths was  a torment from Heather and her friends making fun of me... At lunch I was free to go around the courtyard without the twins here. French was fine when Jai finally arrived and sat next to me. He walked me to English and he said he'll wait for me after school. I reminded him I have an after school detention, he insisted onto waiting for me but I made him go home. I was the first one to be there, I sat at the back. 

"Early for detention?" a familiar voice boomed the whole room. It was Enzo. I wondered why is he in detention again... 

"Why are you in detention again!?" I asked ignoring his question. 

"Well you know, Mrs. Lewis just loves getting me in detention." he shrugged. 

"What did you forget this time?" I joked as he sat next to me. 

"I kind of accidentally threw a rubber at the back of her head." he mumbled. I laughed. "She was being you know Mrs. Lewis then when she turned around, it happened" I howled in laughter. I never actually got to know Enzo before but he was in most of my classes in year 8 and 9. I was quite interested on getting to know him. From the way he speaks he seemed to be a guy with a lot to say but keeps it for himself. I was right, he has a lot something to say! He told me how he hated how some girls in his class would always make fun of this guy that has learning disabilities. He said if he's the head teacher of the school he would have CCTV's in class rooms to make sure no one's getting bullied. He also has a say about gay marriage being illegal, he said you can't really help to love someone. When love hits you it does hit you real hard, it doesn't matter if it's opposite sex or same sex, there's no difference made. I agreed and nod. We talked through the whole detention. He offered to walk me home as it is getting dark, I accepted it. I was scared to walk in that dark alley alone again. We talked whilst walking, it was fun hanging out with Enzo. We said our goodbyes and he went the different way.

I opened my phone as I reach the door. '28 messages' I whispered to myself. Half of them are from the mysterious hater and half are from the boys. I opened the first one, it was from Beau asking me why I didn't want Jai to wait for me. The next one was from Luke asking me if im okay and if I want to get picked up. The next was from Skip teasing me about having a boyfriend as I refused Jai's offer onto waiting for me. The next was from James telling all about him and Sarah little romance after school and asked if im alright. The rest was from Jai asking how was detention was going every minute... I sighed of frustration. It breaks my heart. I want Jai and Luke to come here and I want to tell them all about this text messages I've been receiving but 90% of me said no. I don't want to get worried over me again. I've made them worried enough times... My phone buzzed: 'how's your walk with your new blonde friend? you sure your twins won't get jealous?' I could fight my own game... I thought to myself repeatedly...