REALISATION

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y O N E

E L E N A H A R T

•••••••

LAYING WIDE AWAKE like I had been for the past hour or so, I rolled onto my back and stared up at the ceiling above.

A smile hung from my lips and my cheeks ached since I hadn't stopped grinning since I woke up.

Our perfect mistake was a memory that was supposed to become distance. A memory that was meant to be a fleeting one and yet it was far from it.

Thinking about it, I don't think I'd ever be able to forget. Nor would I ever regret what I'd done. That would be impossible.

He kissed me!

If that wasn't a sign that he had even the slightest of feelings for me, I didn't know what was.

I couldn't describe how happy I felt about it and I was all the more excited to see him today.

To tell him how I feel.

Pushing myself up into a sitting position, I reached over my bedside cabinet and picked up my phone, clicking the button and turning it on.

For a brief moment, I allowed my eyes to sweep over the bright screen, adjusting to the sudden surge of brightness.

Letting out a small laugh, I stared at the millions of messages I'd received from Alissa. Oh god. I thought as I swiped the screen, typed in my password and read through each text.

From about three lower case filled texts, the messages transitioned into all capital letters.

Alissa was over the moon; judging by the look of the messages. It would seem as though she really hit it off with James- the guy she left the party with.

After he'd dropped her off after the party, he asked her out and she agree. Both eager to go out together, they met up the very next day.

Smiling at the thought, I typed my reply and expressed how happy I was for her.

She instantly replied and I spent a little bit longer to reply to her and join her in her joy.

The weekend had passed by quick. A little to quick for my liking, but there wasn't any point in continuously complaining about it when nothing could be done to fix it.

Crawling out of bed, I went along with my morning routine and got ready for school.

Peeking out of the window, I smiled as my eyes wandered over the sheet of snow that covered the ground. It made the cold weather and miserable weather worth it in the end and I didn't mind so much.

Moms car was already gone and dad was away on a business trip, so I didn't expect to see any of them this morning.

Before I could step foot out of the house, a message alert pinged, immediately catching my attention.

Fishing my phone from out of my bag, I looked down at the screen and my mouth parted slightly as my heart began to race.

I really need to talk to you.