IT'S A DEAL

C H A P T E R T H R E E

E L E N A H A R T

•••••••

NARROWING MY EYES at the girl before me, I couldn't help but frown, a tang of sorrow filling me up within as I watched her eyes well with tears.

I counted down the minutes until the pretty redhead gave in and stopped trying to make Sebastian feel bad about hurting her.

Of course, he didn't seem to care as his eyes filled with boredom and his lips were pulled into a thin lipped frown at the sight of the stuttering girl.

Crossing his arms over his chest and stretching the fabric of his leather jacket which clung to him like a second skin, he leaned against the row of blue lockers, his eyes now focused on anything but her.

"Please- don't- don't do this to me." She cried, fighting the urge to wipe away her tears as she tried to pretend they didn't exist. "I'll do anything."

Hearing those words fall from her lips caused my nose to scrunch up in disgust. This boy needed to be taught a lesson and a big one at that.

"Look, I just don't do relationships alright, I thought you knew that." Sebastian didn't do anything to hide the boredom in his tone. You could just tell by looking at him that he wanted to be anywhere but here.

"Alright. Fine. I'll go. God, I can't believe I ever thought you'd.."

The air became thick as Sebastian's smirk disappeared and was replaced with a blank and emotionless stare.

"Thought I'd what? Commit? Fall for you? Babe, don't kid yourself." Sebastian was cruel. But instead of bursting out into another round of tears, the redhead stood tall and began to glare at him ferociously.

"Just you wait Sebastian Stone. There'll be a girl that comes along and she will change your ways. I don't know how and I don't know who she is, but she's out there and I'll be waiting for her to come along." And with that, the Redhead spun on her heel and sauntered off, her curls bouncing with each step she took, furthering her away from the smirking boy.

No need to wait. I thought.

"Sebastian Stone." I spoke up.

Hearing his name being called, his eyes snapped in my direction and the tops of his lips curved up into a smirk. "Elena Hart? Long time no see." He retorted, tilting his head to the side ever so slightly.

"A long time which I wish was longer." I laughed, watching the amused look on his face vanish for a brief moment before returning instantly, almost as if I hadn't just seen a little peek behind his facade.

Pushing off of the opposite side of the wall, I made a move to stand before him with crossed arms.

"Let me be straight forward here." I started, my words causing his eyes to narrow into thin slits.

"I'm not going to let you walk back into these halls and continue on with your little hobby. I'm here to put a stop to it. To put a stop to you."