All Apologies

Chapter Thirty-Six

I was back to staring up at the ceiling at the end of his bed only this time I was about to fall asleep semi-naked. The sun was just starting to peak over the horizon and I suddenly remembered his curtains wouldn't block out the sun.

"Rey."

"Oranges."

"You need better curtains."

"That's all you have to say to me?"

"Considering I want to go to sleep, yes. That's all I have to say."

I rolled over and curled up against his side, careful of the still healing burn and draped a leg around his waist. He was still naked but I'd put on one of his tanks he had discarded on the floor. It smelled pretty clean so I wasn't going to complain. Thank god my brother and Dom were sleeping off their alcohol consumption because I'd probably been louder than I should have.

"We'll talk about this in the morning," he said in a half asleep voice.

"It is morning."

"Shut up."

"Are you going to make me again?"

"If need be, yes."

I ran a finger down his nose and brushed my thumb over his lips. "I'm still mad at you."

He opened an eye and looked at me. "That's not what you were saying fifteen minutes ago."

"The point still remains." I paused and swallowed, drifting into the serious. "You lied to me."

"I didn't lie. I just let you believe what you wanted to."

"Could've refuted."

"Then we wouldn't have had makeup sex." He rolled to his side, hooking his hand around my knee and drawing me closer. "That's the best kind."

"I thought the first time was always the..."

"The first time you get used to the other person. The times after are to see how far they'll go. The makeup sex is the most intense because emotions are running high."

"How do you know all of this?"

"It's called observation, Oranges. I thought you were in college."

"Speaking of that, do you think I'm going back?"

Both of his eyes opened and he stared at me in confusion. "Why are you asking me?"

"Depending on when your time here ends, depends on if I go back to college or if I have to find another university as...someone else."

"I haven't been here long enough to get what I need."

"What exactly are you looking for?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why not? I could help."

"It could also jeopardize the entire investigation. My information gathering has to be gradual so no one asks questions and if you help me, I'll have to explain...it's complicated."

"It sounds complicated."

I closed my eyes, only intending on blinking but I ended up passing out. When I woke up, it was to the sound of a flushing toilet and the shower being turned on. A few minutes later, a finger was being dragged down my nose and then others trailing across my cheek.

"Wake up, Oranges."

"No."

He chuckled, actually chuckled and I opened my eyes as fast as I could in order to catch the smile on his face. But apparently he made the sound without smiling.