chapter 1

"Hay, this is life" sabay higa sa kama. Ang sarap talaga ng buhay binata, I get all the things I ever wanted and more. Oh yeah I'm Neil Sandejas, 25 years old and single and always ready to mingle. As I was about to go to dream world, biglang bumukas ang pinto ng kwarto ko at iniluwal doon ang mga magulang ko at it seems to me that they are in a foul mood.

"Neil get up, mag-uusap tayo." sabi ng papa ko.

"Good morning and good night pa and ma."

Napabuntong hininga lang si mama and papa was like really irritated to hell.

"Neil I'm warning you, get up and go downstairs may sasabihin ako sa'yo" yun lang at umalis na si papa.

"Neil, hijo please, do what your dad ask you."

"Ma, inaantok na ako." I said and covered my face with a blanket.

"Neil..."

"Alright ma, I'll just change my clothes and I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay anak" umalis din si mama

Pagkatapos kong magbihis ay bumaba kaagad ako and went to the dinning hall. Sat down at started to eat.

"Well pa ano ba yung gusto mong pagusapan natin and it seems like you were really in a hurry."

"Bakit? you don't want to eat breakfast together?"

"Well...hindi naman sa ganun pa, but as you know kakarating ko lang and I'm really tired and sleepy."

"Saan ka ba kasi galing Neil at ngayon kalang nakauwi"

"Ma, alam mo naman kaming mga bachelor, party there and here and everywhere."

"Neil, your already 25, wala ka bang planong magseryoso sa buhay? like taking care of our company or settling down?"

"Pa, I can handle the company but settling down it's too early and pa I'm JUST 25, wag mo naman akong gawing matanda."

"At kailan naman mangyayari yun?"

"Hmmm...maybe 10 years from now?" I laughed but I think dad didn't like it at all.

"Pa joke lang yun, relax."

Napabuntong hininga si papa and he took an invitation card out from his pocket at ibinigay sa akin.

"Ano ito?"

"It's an invitation for the 18th birthday of your tito Raul's daughter, and we are going to attend." sabi ni mama.

"Kailan naman po?"

"Tonight"

"Tonight?! pa hindi ako pwede at tsaka pambata lang yan, ayokong pumunta."

"You are going to that party Neil whether you like it or not and that's final." tumayo at umalis si papa.

"Neil, please...do it for me." lambing ni mama and ako naman na mama's boy, ayun I give up.

"Fine ma, I'll go"

And now here I am practically stuck with a boring party, I sighed heavily.

"Damn I'm bored." I whispered

"Bored?"

I looked up to the person and was shocked to see the most angelic face I have ever seen in my whole life.

"H..hi!" I cracked, damn first time yun ha.

"May I sit?"

"Sure!" wew kinakabahan ako ha. "Soo are you a friend of the celebrant?"

"Not just a friend but also her cousin" she smiled, naman ganda ng ngiti niya. "Chistine del Rosales" she held out her hand.

"N..Neil Sandejas." I took her hand.

"Oh?! so your my cousin's fia.."

Hindi natapos ni Christine ang sinabi niya dahil biglang ngsalita sa stage si tito Raul.

"Ladies and gentleman, good evening thank you for coming tonight to witness a life changing event for my daughter Eclaire." everyone applauded.

"Eclaire, my baby girl."

"I'm not a baby anymore dad." she smiled.

"Oo nga pala." tito laughed "Well I just want you to know how happy and proud I am of you, for your achievements in life at a very young age."

"Thank you"

"And before this night ends I will give you a last gift and I know this is also too much but please bare with me.....Neil Sandejas please come up here on stage."

Nagulat ako sa sinabi ni tito pero umakyat pa rin ako and I just noticed that my parents were already there. As I was near the stage I just noticed by now that the celebrant is beautiful and she had that air of maturity in her.

"Happy birthday" I said and hugged her.

"Thank you" she replied.

"Eclaire this is Neil, and his is your fiancé."

Wait! Ano raw?!

"Huh??!!!"