It's okay

*Riley's point of view*

After walking home with Aiden in silence, I went to my room and dropped my bag with a sigh. I lied down on my bed and stared at the wall. I couldn't believe what had just happened. Had it really? It couldn't have. Aiden was my best friend and he was so respectful. He wouldn't do something like that.

I felt my cheeks getting wet again and I didn't even know why. It's not like he had quit our friendship or threatened to kill me. He 'just' was in love with me and couldn't control it for a second. That's all it was. An accident. Just a one-time incident.

I dried my cheeks and took a deep breath. He was still my best friend. Or was he? Of course he was. We had been best friends since forever and it wouldn't change. He just had to get a clear head. If I actually went out with Ian someday, Aiden probably would realize that it was going to be fine if we didn't date. We were meant to be best friends.

I got out my phone and messaged Aiden: "Are you okay?" He had looked really hurt when I told him that I didn't want him to touch me like that and I didn't like the thought of him blaming himself too much for it. He was a good guy, I knew it. And he should know it, too.

*Aiden's point of view*

I slammed the door of my room and hit my fist against the wall. How could I have done this? How could I have hurt Riley like this and ruined all of my chances to ever be together with her? I loved this girl more than anything. She was my world. I just needed her to love me back as much as I loved her. I needed her to give in to me. I was feeling like I was going insane.

I ran my hands through my hair and grabbed it, thinking about any possibility to make this even. I had to show her that I truly loved her and wasn't just a perverted asshole. I had to convince her that we could be a couple. That we could be the best couple. We knew everything about each other and our fights never turned out serious. She had to know that, right?

I lowered my grip and moved my hands down my face. Riley, please forgive me. I love you so much. I looked up to the wall desperately, still standing next to the door. I eventually took off my bag and threw it into the edge. I had really fucked up. How could I have let myself go this far? I should just have told her the truth and-.

The beeping of my phone broke my thoughts. Whoever was annoying me right now, I could mentally kill them. I got out my phone anyway and saw that the message was from Riley. I hadn't expected her to text me so soon. We texted everyday, but I had thought after what had happened she wouldn't text me today. Yet she had.

'Are you okay?' I couldn't believe what I read. She wasn't mad? I felt my whole body relax immediately. She wasn't mad. She still cared about me as much as before. I couldn't be happier. I opened our chat smiling brightly and typed: "Yes, are you?" I was begging she was. The thought of me having hurt her broke my heart once again.

She was still online and responded right away. "Yes", she typed. I sighed in relief and smiled again. "I'm still sorry tho. I know I fucked up. I'm not gonna let it happen again", I typed. I meant it, even though I didn't know yet how I was going to prevent it when I felt like earlier again.

"I know", she said. And she wrote something else. "Thank you for being honest". "I'll always be honest to you from now on, I promise", I sent her. "Thanks. Can we meet later?" I didn't know if it was a good idea. I was afraid I might feel as attracted to her as before again. But what should I tell her? And I couldn't just stop meeting her. "Of course. I'll come over after lunch", I replied. "Okay :)" I smiled happily and my mom called for lunch.

I left my room to the dining room. "What were you so mad about?", my mom asked when I sat down at the table and she came carrying the food. "I kinda had a fight at school, but it's all clear now", I told her. What actually happened should stay between Riley and me. Nobody needed to know.

"Okay, I'm glad to hear that. I was worried you might have serious problems, because you're rather the calm type, you know", my mom replied and gave me a smile. "No, don't worry", I stated smiling back at her.

After lunch I hurried to the front door and put on my shoes and jacket. "I'll be at Riley's", I yelled and almost sprinted down the streets, still filled with happiness and relief.