Our friendship

*Riley's point of view*

I loved Aiden more than anything. I could talk to him about whatever was bothering me and he was the funniest and nicest guy I knew.

We had a lot of fun and laughed a lot and we constantly told each other that we meant the most to each other.

It was us against the world.

He helped me through anything and he was the only one who could cheer me up. Of course we also fought from time to time. We were basically like siblings. "I'm your older brother", he often told me, just because he was born a few days before me. I always told him that didn't count and I saw us more like twins.

When we fought, he would laugh about how serious I was and try to make me laugh too by tickling me. I would join his laughter, telling him to stop, and almost suffocate. When he eventually stopped, I would call him an asshole and he would just grin about it, pull me into a hug and tell me he knew I didn't mean it.

I loved it when he held me. It made me feel save and like I had nothing to worry about. He wasn't just my brother. He was my protector, my lifesaver, my everything. He was my best friend.

I loved everything about him; his laughter, his humor, his cuteness, his care. I loved it when he stroked through my hair or caressed my cheek. I loved how he would wipe away my tears, when and why ever I was crying. I loved how he would listen to me and support me through everything.

I loved him.

But I loved him as my best friend. I couldn't even imagine our relationship to be different and I didn't expect it to ever be. I never would have thought it could all be destroyed. Destroyed by his greed for me; or maybe by my sensitiveness and stubbornness to keep telling myself that I couldn't be more than best friends with him.