Chapter Six

I wake up, feeling more tired than I was when I went to sleep. I know that I have to go to school soon, so I hope out of bed and drag myself to the shower. After I'm done I put my makeup on and get ready. In less than ten minutes Kasey and I are out of the door. Unfortunately in less than ten minutes we are at my school. The only two bright spots in my day are Nate and Amada.  I say bye to Kasey and hop out of the car.

                “Hey Amada.”I say when I meet her at my locker.

                “Hey, what you been up to?”She asks me as we walk to math class.

                “Nothing much. How about you?” She doesn’t get a chance to answer, because Kailey is there. “I heard you got invited to the party.”

                “Yeah, what of it?” I shot.

                “If you have any sense you won’t show. I don’t want to see your face.”Kailey replies as she pushes me a little.

                “Obviously Nate does” Amada pitches in.

                “Nate doesn’t know what. And speaking of Nate, leave him alone!”She yells, pushing through Amada and I split up to head to our separate classes. We shake it off and head to class. Throughout class Kailey is all over Nate even more than she always does.

                As Amada and I walk towards science I overhear Kailey talking with her friends. “I have the best way to get back at that Lola chick.”Kailey says in what she thinks is a whisper. I stop Amada, point for her to listen, and we stand there to hear her plan. “So in science class I’ll slip this little baking soda bomb into her experiment and once it is to the boiling point, it should splat everywhere.”She says with a laugh as they walk away.

                “What are you going to do?”Amada asks me, “You will be the laughing stock of the whole school.”

                “Simple, when she is not looking I’ll switch the containers.”I reply. We head to class just in time for me to see Kailey putting the bomb in my glass. I pretend to not see it and walk to my seat. I wait patiently for my chance. Finally when Kailey looks away and the class is distracted, I switch the containers. “I switched them.”I whisper to Amada, “Now let’s watch and wait.” She nods and laughs a little.

                After Kailey mixes the ingredients and puts them in, and then puts the heat on, we wait.  Right when it should start to boil, I hear a huge splat. I look over and see red liquid covering her and her minion Carrie. They start screaming and the whole class erupts into laughter.  Amada and I can’t hold back our laughter. “Looks like you put too much baking soda in hat Miss Post.”The teacher says when she comes over. “You and Miss Long go to the bathroom and clean up. Don't take long.” They leave disgusted with Megan sneaking out after them, all three of them wondering what happened.

                Kailey and her minions don’t come back to science, but the teacher doesn’t seem to notice. For the rest of the day until lunch, they look at me funny. At lunchtime, I finally decide to tell them what happened. Now they will be able to give their feeble brains a break. “Next time try whispering.”I say with a snicker as I walk pass.