Euphoria

eu·pho·ri·a

  /yo͞oˈfôrēə/

noun

noun: euphoria

a feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness.

Euphoria. A feeling I've longed for.

Its one I'm pretty sure I've never experienced in my life thus far.

Plugging in my ear buds is my only escape from this life. I stroll down the street ignoring the chaos of the outer world, while my mind melts into the sounds coming from my little friends.

My only friends.

The soft pattering of the rain is only slightly heard through my ear buds. It adds emotion to the song that wasn't there before. It's almost therapeutic.

My somber thoughts are usually silenced by the music playing, but today their cries refuse to be silenced. they resonate in my mind taking over anything else present.

Happiness was more of a distant memory, rather than a common experience. And I've grown comfortable with that.

Mindlessly wandering around the town I reach a crosspath I've never seen before. One leading to more city streets like this one, the other one leading towards a dirt path into a large expanse of vegetation.

I turned my head absorbing my surroundings. The path leading to the forest had an eerie glow that seemed to call my name. Clouded my judgement of the other options. Whispering for me to follow the path.

My feet pull my towards the dark forest, it's as if I can't control them anymore. I continue to walk on the path for a few minutes before I reach a large field where the trees seem to shy away from the center. As if there is a barrier between the trees and the lush green grass growing between.

   I inhale through my nose to smell the fresh scent of grass and distant rain. I can feel the heavy moisture in the air around me being trapped in this area by the tightly packed leaves.

My feet pull me to the middle and I lay down, staring up at the stars. It's almost like I can see the entire galaxy.

Up there. That's where I want to be one day.

Suddenly I was overcome by a rush of relaxation. I felt so peaceful and happy. Like I've found my home. I lay there soaking up this experience. "What is this?", I ask myself.

Euphoria. A feeling I've finally found.